SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Bad news (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/406144-bad-news.html)

Al31 03-13-2017 05:27 AM

Bad news

I'm now on day 9 and feeling better. Slept better last night than I have since I quit.

I've had some personal health related bad news today. Kinda connected to my drinking but the stress of it is making me crave a drink so bad!!!!

I know drinking will make only make things worse but my head feels like it's going to explode!!

Ariesagain 03-13-2017 05:33 AM

Get outside and take a brisk walk. Not sure where you are...hopefully you're not in the New England freezer like we are.

Fresh air and moving make almost everything more tolerable.

Please don't drink. Your AV is probably going to try that "well see you're too late so you might as well drink" theory which makes about as much sense as looking for a gas can when your house is on fire, but AVs aren't particularly bright. Just annoying.

Slap it to one side. You can do this.

DayLily 03-13-2017 05:42 AM

I am sorry to hear about your bad news.
Drinking will absolutely not help! Take a deep breath. You've got this!

Whendovescry 03-13-2017 05:50 AM

AI31 sorry to hear about your bad news :(.
We all know drinking will only make it worse, I hope you have people you can open up to about it xx if not keep posting.

PhoenixJ 03-13-2017 07:00 AM

Do not drink. Keep posting.

Anna 03-13-2017 07:28 AM

I hope you can keep things in perspective. Whatever the health issue is, drinking will make things worse - physically and emotionally. Day 9 is fantastic!

LexiStrength 03-13-2017 07:32 AM

I'm sorry about your bad news but congratulations on 9 days sober!!! You will get through it without a drink and you'll feel so good about yourself when you do. Keep up the good work!

starstarstar 03-13-2017 01:44 PM

You're past that horrid first week, keep going! :)

CreativeThinker 03-13-2017 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ariesagain (Post 6365046)
Get outside and take a brisk walk. Not sure where you are...hopefully you're not in the New England freezer like we are.

Fresh air and moving make almost everything more tolerable.

Please don't drink. Your AV is probably going to try that "well see you're too late so you might as well drink" theory which makes about as much sense as looking for a gas can when your house is on fire, but AVs aren't particularly bright. Just annoying.

Slap it to one side. You can do this.

I totally agree with Aries! Getting outside in the fresh air and powering through a brisk walk will do wonders for your state of mind and give you a reality check.

Hang in there and take care of yourself!

Dee74 03-13-2017 04:42 PM

I agree with the others - whatever the problem is drinking's not going to make it better.
Remember you have a ton of support here :)
Best wishes :)

D