Notices

New Routines

Old 03-12-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Welcome to SR Gabriel! I can definitely relate to many of the things you posted. Life keeps getting better sober. Glad you have joined us here!
Thank you Delilah! My life has improved in so much in my three weeks sober. I'm never going to drink again. I have too much in life I want to accomplish!
Old 03-12-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daucuscarota View Post
Congratulations on getting to the 3 week mark! It will only get better from here.

I could have written your post word for word. I am so glad to be out of that prison!
Today is Day #36 for me!

Good luck to us all! We can do it!
Hi D. Congratulations on 36 days. What a huge accomplishment! Let's keep going!
Old 03-12-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Great going - and it keeps getting better and better. Real life comes in, but we handle it differently, better, and with so much less "craziness" when we are in real recovery. For me, it was a lot like putting down the biggest burden imaginable- didn't know what I would find on the other side, but wow, has it turned out to be wonderful.

keep going!
Thank you August. I felt like my life was on hold for so many years and I am really excited to live and deal with real life. I am making plans to improve my relationships and accomplish goals I was too afraid to do while I was drinking. Great feedback.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quadrojet View Post
I'm new here today and would just like to say I wish I had 3 weeks in. Today is just day 2. But I am determined to get my life back. Any tips are welcome.
Hi Quadrojet. I am only three weeks in, but I have quit many times. My longest time before this time was five and a half months. People have told me just take one day at a time (one hour at a time if needed) Every day is a success. Accept that you have no control over alcohol and give it up for good...no moderation. Replace drinking with other activities...gym, movies, out for coffee, etc. Get rid of all alcohol in house. Drink lots of water. Urge to drink comes on quickly and hard at times...just accept it, acknowledge it, ride it out like a wave, and usually it will pass. Join AA or equivalent if needed...not everyone does. On SR read and post often. So many other recommendations are available on SR. Don't give up and you can do this!
Old 03-12-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great post, fellow February classmate!
Old 03-12-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post Gabriel - thanks - congratulations on your sober time too
D