Notices

Day 4

Old 03-07-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

My first post was last Friday and I haven't had a beer since about 7:00 pm that day. It was a tough day Saturday at work had to be in front of a bunch of people whom I've worked for about 15 years, do a bunch of typing with my hands trembling then make a presentation in front of them feeling nervous, hoping no one would notice what I was going through.. Dr prescribed Librium to help me get through it. I took 3 on Saturday throughout the course of the entire day. Not a bad nights sleep. Luckily was off Sunday and Monday. The trembling in my hands was still there, felt very tired Sunday only took one Librium on Sunday night before bed. Monday felt almost normal, did a bunch of chores out in the garage which is where most of my drinking would have happened and would have gone on all day from 6:00 am until I went to bed but I hung tough all day, even had to go to the convenience store walk right by my beer fridge and passed right by it. Really no interest whatsoever. Stayed up until 10:00(usually Im out by 7:30) last night did not take the Librium (as I don't want to replace one addiction with another). Another good nights sleep. Off to work today and had a pretty good day no more shakes and the nausea is gone. I still have a faint dull pain in my left kidney but that is going away as well. I have a pretty long drive home which is always accompanied by a beer stop or two and luckily had no interest in that either today. Im just very tired. I don't ever want to go down that road again. I can't just have one or two I've always had to have a bunch. All in all except for being tired I feel pretty darn good. I know it's going to be a long road but I am committed this time. Came clean today with a very close long time friend today on the phone and he was very supportive. Glad to have this site to read and now the courage to talk about it. For the first time in a long time I am focused and excited about my life again. I wish I could have had a long talk with myself about 15 years ago knowing what I know now. It's only gonna get better from here. Thanks for all of your posts its been a real eye opener for me.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 4

I figure our journey takes what it takes - I wish I'd stopped sooner too but I wasn't ready to admit my problem...

who knows - maybe I had just enough addiction experience to quit when I did, and not before?

D
Old 03-07-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do it enuff,
I know everyone always say " one day at a time" but it really is. Four days is very good. Stay focused on your plan.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 4 is great! Early on in my recovery, I kept looking at times when I could have changed my destructive behaviour and didn't. But, I realized that things were happening in my life, just as they should. It sounds like you're grateful for where you are today and that's what matters.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Getting through the weekend is huge! Great Start!
Old 03-07-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 days
Old 03-07-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to hear your doing better and keeping sober!
Old 03-08-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Enuffisenuff5, 4 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for for ya.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AA Member

4 days = awesome !!!