Notices

Hi, introducing myself

Old 03-05-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Whendovescry!!
Old 03-05-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you, Whendovescry. I drank for 30 yrs. & felt lost and terrified when I found SR. I never expected to have so much understanding & encouragement. The people here saw me through a frightening time - & gave me courage to change my life. You can do this.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Whendovescry; you have come to a great place for support, understanding and encouragement.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thankyou for all the wonderful, welcomes and advice and suggestions for the site. Well done on 4 months Plure!

I am at a very lost place in my life. Might write up about it later in the where were you thread.

Thanks again everyone!!
Old 03-05-2017, 10:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have just joined a week or so ago and haven't drank in 6 weeks. I still have the occasional non alcoholic beer but that's about it. On too many meds to drink and I like having control over my life. I quit cold turkey and had terrible chest pains,tunnel vision and fast heart rate. Lots of meds and benzodiazepines and now I am doing better. If you drink and smoke together like I did, it was easier to quit smoking and I worked on tapering off the booze. After I beat smoking months ago I started vitamins and indoor bike riding but I was drinking at night. Finally by the grace of Almighty I received the will to quit. I suffered for about two weeks. Short term benzos and lots of water helped me. I still take toprol for my heart as drinking and smoking are awful on it. I will be on it unfortunately for rest of my life probably. Life is way better in Kansas and the country is funner to drive thru not being hungover and buzzed. One more thing...stay away from people who drink and smoke as much as you can. It helped me and it will help you to. Wish everyone a successful recovery.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lostintime1984 View Post
I have just joined a week or so ago and haven't drank in 6 weeks. I still have the occasional non alcoholic beer but that's about it. On too many meds to drink and I like having control over my life. I quit cold turkey and had terrible chest pains,tunnel vision and fast heart rate. Lots of meds and benzodiazepines and now I am doing better. If you drink and smoke together like I did, it was easier to quit smoking and I worked on tapering off the booze. After I beat smoking months ago I started vitamins and indoor bike riding but I was drinking at night. Finally by the grace of Almighty I received the will to quit. I suffered for about two weeks. Short term benzos and lots of water helped me. I still take toprol for my heart as drinking and smoking are awful on it. I will be on it unfortunately for rest of my life probably. Life is way better in Kansas and the country is funner to drive thru not being hungover and buzzed. One more thing...stay away from people who drink and smoke as much as you can. It helped me and it will help you to. Wish everyone a successful recovery.
Thanks for your reply and well done on 6 weeks! What I don't get is the withdrawals? Giving up something so bad creates havoc!? I understand it is short term, body readjusting etc. But really??? Had you had chest pains before?
Every second week I have my children to easier to stay away from friends who drink as I spend all my time out of work with them, but the off weeks.... Having said that drinking when I'm alone is when I drink the most. My friends are like my family, my close ones and unfortunately most drink a lot like me. I'm glad life is better in Kansas for you 😃 That is what I am aiming for, a healthier, happier future.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome. Music helps. A Floyd fan, I see. Welcome.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Welcome. Music helps. A Floyd fan, I see. Welcome.
Thanks PhoenixJ, music is very important to me 😃😃😃 and it sure does help.