Notices

Does Anyone Know

Old 03-04-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does Anyone Know

Does anyone know or has anyone experienced this? Yesterday, I felt okish when I got up, I felt a bit muddleheaded in the morning, but calm.
In the afternoon, my head just went to bits, I felt dizzy and felt like I'd been drinking (this was day 5 after stopping). I know I haven't slept much (any) the previous 4 days and only eaten one thing in 4 days. I went to bed to curl up in a ball (as you do when you are a mature adult). I did manage to get a few hours sleep, and I woke up ok again, muddle headed but not feeling like I'd been drinking.
Anyone had this in the first week off the drink?
Old 03-04-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey will,
My first week I had more strange emotions and weirdness going on than I can describe. Like you sleeping or the lack there of was the worst. I think the first week to just everything hitting you at once. I would not hesitate in seeing your doctor if you think it's necessary. Things will start to get better soon.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Mattq2...I don't need a doctor, just wanted to know that other people didn't just "spring back" right away, and that it wasn't so unusual
Old 03-04-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I definitely didn't spring back. I'm eight months sober and things are still getting better all the time. Yeah there are some bad days but life is so much better sober. Hang in there my friend. It gets better and better😊
Old 03-04-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm no doctor, but I bet the no eating might have something to do with feeling dizzy. Can you make yourself something nutritious to eat? A nice smoothie with fresh fruit and yogurt would go down easy. Or, if you can manage some spinach and a vegetable soup.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"I went to bed to curl up in a ball."

Totally normal for me. Bail into the bed. Calls me hardest when withdrawing.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Haha Aquafina, so that's not just me either.

Mera, I think that might have had a lot to do with it, that and no sleep, I do feel a little better today, having had a little sleep. I cannot afford anything nutritious at the minute, as I spent all my money on booze and only get money once a fortnight, but taking some vitamins.

Matt, thats so good to hear, I just want all this to be over! I guess it must be what "paying the piper" is
Old 03-04-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I spent day four curled up on the couch. I felt like I had been hit by a truck and I was eating. On the plus side, it forever removed any doubt about whether I was "that bad."

You really do need to eat to repair, though. Protein and fluids in particular. You'll move through this faster.

Congratulations on day six! You never have to go through this again!
Old 03-04-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Will,
Do you have any friends or family that can help you a little with the good issue? Proper diet is important right now.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't Mattq..I have family, but they do not know the extent of my drinking, and I am not going to tell them, they have enough troubles of their own. I do have food, just not very nutritious food (stuff that is in the freezer). I suppose I could live on spinach and mung bean soup for a few days, as I do have those!
Old 03-04-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Could you buy some eggs or a small jar of peanut butter and some bread?
Old 03-04-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Aries ..thanks for the suggestions..I do have bread in the freezer, I do have food, just not really nutritious stuff, I have enough to last me until I get money. I have a lot of dried beans, mung beans, black eyed beans and rice and pasta and stuff, some frozen chicken and I have one pan left intact haha..I think I am just being lazy, if I hunted around, I'm sure I could come up with a nutritious stew that would last the few days until I get paid. I tossed a ton of good fresh stuff away that rotted in the fridge while I was drinking.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Okay, I researched the nutritional profile of mung bean soup and it's pretty close to ideal...electrolytes, protein, and it's already in your house.

Definitely get some of that down?
Old 03-04-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You don't eat you die. Eat! I'm with you.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow thanks for doing that Aries..I'll put a pan of it on for my dinner..the spinach in the fridge doesn't look too bad either, so I'll toss some of that in.

Aquafina I will eat

I tell you what..I am never putting myself through this shite again with the drink..man I hate it!
Old 03-04-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh my God!!! Yous have really touched me..and Im bloody crying again!!
Old 03-04-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sending you a hug. Crying is good for you sometimes...you're going to be all over the place emotionally for a while. I believe on day 26 or so I was here posting that I was so angry I could punch kittens and I am an extreme animal lover.

You're going to okay, sweetie. Treat yourself kindly.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Punch kittens haha..yeah know that feeling, although if they punched me back I'd probably cry haha

Thank you Aries
Old 03-04-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Will,
I don't know if this happens to others (I'm probably just weird) but my mind and body could take hunger or almost any other type of craving and turn it into alcohol cravings. It was so important, and still is, for me to eat well.

It's so important to take care of you right now. Good rest and diet. Make a good grocery list now for pay day😀
Old 03-04-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Keep us updated, yes?