Notices

Does Anyone Know

Old 03-04-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Mattq I already have all sorts of things on that list in my head. And you are right, being hungry can turn into alcohol cravings thanks

Yes Aries, I have made a little plan on the other thread, and it's a test of how sincere I'm being with myself if I stick with it
Old 03-04-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Beans are an excellent source of nutrition (including protien) and are cheap too. Eat the ones you have now and do put them on the next grocery list. Spinich is also very good for you. Sending you hugs and support!
Old 03-04-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you Mera...and gladly accepting them
Old 03-04-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Whatever it takes - just for today.

Hi Willa, well done done and great work posting here!

I felt really crappy in that first couple of weeks, not sleeping, foggy headed, dizzy and had a permanent headache. Really not much worse than how I felt after drinking.

The others are spot on. Get some food into you. I ate a lot of apples (really good for an upset tummy) and sandwiches. Even just cook up some of the pasta and eat that. If you have some tin tomatoes or passatta, you can make your own baked beans and have them on toast. Rather nice made with black eye beans.

This is just a short term yuck in the scheme of things, just keep pushing through, you are doing great!
Old 03-05-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Willa,
Just wanted to see how things are going today? Hope your doing well
Old 03-05-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Scruffanie, I would never have thought of that with the beans, I took all by beans and cooked them up with some tinned tomatoes and some pasta and some of the chicken I had frozen. I ate that last night, had a good long herbal bath, listened to some relaxation stuff on you tube and slept for 6 hours. Woke up feeling much better.

Mattq, I am doing well thank you, took up and invitation from my DIL to go out with her and my granddaughters today and had a lovely time. I feel like I have returned to the land of the living. The sun is shining, we went to a water park, then to the beach, had fish and chips..and I didn't even have to force myself to eat. We had a laugh. Today, although not the best physically, I feel wonderful compared to the last week. It's amazing what a bit of human contact, a sunny day and laughing can do for you. I know I have challenges ahead, but just for today, I feel really happy to be alive and sober.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well done, you!!!
Old 03-05-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great to hear you're feeling a bit better Willadoit!!

As always if anything persists or is really worrying for a few days, no harm in checking in with a Dr.

. . . be safe!!
Old 03-05-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks purple, apart from feeling a bit tired, I feel good, and feeling better and better as the hours pass..so glad this week is over. Never want another one like it, ever.