Notices

i lost my relationship

Old 03-02-2017, 03:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i lost my relationship

im still sober....barely. I'm dangling, but I'm on the good side, I have my plan in place and I'm determined I wont relapse. My partner has said over and over if I drink again, he will leave. well last night he called me, and I had fallen asleep on the sofa, so when I answered the phone all groggy. He assumed I was drunk, he hung up the call, wouldn't pick up again. the call lasted less than 30 seconds. I know its my own doing by my past, he said he wont speak to me as I was drunk as my speech was funny and he isn't going to listen to me lie.

my world has just fallen apart. I cant believe its just happened that way. I knew if I picked up a drink again it would end it, and so that and my kids were my reason for getting sober. and I don't want to relapse and I wont relapse, but I cant believe 3 years has gone in a 30 second phone call and I cant explain myself or prove anything and I feel so helpless and frustrated. Drink cost me my relationship in the end anyway.Even why I had given it up and on the right path.

I just cant believe it. just wanted to put it out to the world, nothing can be done, just need to say it to someone somewhere.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Someone, somewhere is here. Share- read the threads. Get some counselling help. DO NOT DRINK. It is crap. Yes, but that is life sometimes. I empathise. My support to you and your family. PJ
Old 03-02-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

That is really crappy. Sorry. Do you think maybe it was already over and he was just looking for any reason to put it on you?
Old 03-02-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry, kel. Trust is like a vase that has been dropped. Hard to fix. Don't drink today.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
That is really crappy. Sorry. Do you think maybe it was already over and he was just looking for any reason to put it on you?
no, I just think that I had done so much damage in the past that he has had enough as otherwise its all been totally great. future plans and everthing, so it was literally just the fact he heard me answer the phone and was probably a bit woozy and he just didn't wait around for the lies I used to tell.

feeling so helpless, is so hard. I wont be drinking today. I don't want the old life back
Old 03-02-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay sober and everything will work out. Good luck and keep posting it will help.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hate saying this but it fits. If it is meant to be then it is meant to be. You know in your heart you are sober. I would give it a few days and give him a call. Leave a message, if you have to, and explain what happened. If he doesn't believe you then he doesn't.

The most important thing is that you stay sober for you and not him. Life will always work itself out, and I have found that if you do the right thing then eventually good things come back to you.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that happened to you and I know it's frustrating, but you must focus on your recovery now. Do this for yourself, not just for your children and partner, do it for you. That's how to make it work.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Very sorry to hear your news, Kel.

Not sure what to say, except I know you're in thoughts and prayers all over this community.

I hope you find some peace,

Bruce
Old 03-02-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks all. today I'm in disbelief, I knew alcohol would make me lose that relationship, I just thought I was doing everything I can to make sure that didn't happen. But it turns out alcohol took it anyway because the reminder of the person I was is still there for him. speechless.tomorrow will be better, today its raw.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm realy sorry it happened in that way Kel but I'm glad to see you resolved to stay sober through this.

There's a lot of support here - lean on us

why not check out the Class of March support thread? All you need to do to join is post

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-one-4.html

D

D