Notices

I think I'm done, day one...

Old 03-09-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Fuzzy - you did amazing not to drink last night! I've made that mistake so many times and every time regretted it. Well done again!!

Old 03-09-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Old 03-09-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well done to Mr. Fuzzy for keeping your best interests in mind ... sounds like he was a lifesaver last night. And well done to you for being humble enough to accept his advice, and honest enough with yourself to overcome the compulsion to drink those "miniature" bottles ... we all know where that leads for us. That is really great !

My wife used to ask me not to drink knowing where it would lead and I would become resentful at her and then sneak drinks anyway. Rarely did I just simply accept her wise counsel and pour out the drink. Took a lot of soul-searching to get past that for myself. Sounds like you already have that wisdom and that's awesome! Keep up the great work, keep listening to the voice of your better self.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Funny thing is, I kind of knew what would happen when I showed him and when I did, I just said "I don't have to have it..." and I realized I didn't. I had no real compulsion to have it like before (otherwise I would have hidden it to make sure I got it).

So why did I even try and test the waters...?

To see if he would say "oh what a good idea, you've gone a week without, now treat yourself, you deserve it..."

That was obviously not going to happen?!

Oh well, disaster avoided, and actually I'm going to avoid the supermarket after work as I know that's a huge trigger for me = end of the day, tired, alcohol filled shelves....

Off to parents evening tonight at school, how nice not to be clock watching for 6pm and thinking "just hurry up so I can have a drink"... how awful....