Notices

In pieces here

Old 02-26-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're home and safe Northernsoul. Call AA and go to the meeting. Listen for similarities and ask for help. Everyone there is there for the same reason. You will find the help you need. It has saved and changed my life. It gets better eventually but first you can't drink.

Good luck and keep posting.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm going back to my AA group tomorrow. I stopped going in October because I convinced myself I wasn't an alcoholic. Turns out I actually am and always will be and I knew it even when I stopped going. I'm so embarrassed by myself.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things now NorthernSoul?

D
Old 02-27-2017, 12:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi, feel a lot better today after sleeping. Had a shower and some food. Listened to an audiobook called The Sober Revolution which really seemed to help. I need to consider sobriety as gaining a life rather than giving something up I guess. One day at a time. I'll keep reading and posting on here as I want to arm myself with all the tools I can to give myself a better life. Thanks again!
Old 02-27-2017, 01:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad you're back on track Northern Soul
Old 02-27-2017, 01:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by northernsoul View Post
Hi everyone. Really struggling here. Basically went on a total bender yesterday and woke up in a hotel miles from home. I'm such an idiot. Don't feel like I'll ever get it together. I can honestly say if I had a gun right now I'd shoot myself.
NorthernSoul - I completely understand about how low you can feel after a bender. ESPECIALLY when you are trying to change. On Thursday I relapsed and Friday morning I felt terrible. Worse than ever before, because this time I had been 7 days sober and was genuinely trying to change.

I know the feeling of hopeleness can overwhelm, but you can change. You can get it together. It will take a lot of work - a lot of trial and error. But you can do it.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Great to hear you got back home!!

You don't need to be taking on the world on Day 1, start with what you know, build on it, add to it each day and go from there.

You can do this!!
Old 02-27-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Northernsoul. I'm relieved too to know you're safe & wanting to try this again. I drank 30 yrs. & in the end it was all day - did many foolish & dangerous things. I was able to kick it out of my life - and you will too.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well I'm on to Day 4 and feeling quite a bit better. I'm trying not to focus and agonise over my past idiocies and drawing a line under that. Been at work last few days and the routine has really helped. Spent a lot of time reading this site and have drawn up a daily action plan of positivity which I feel will help me a lot. It's early days and don't want to get ahead of myself so I'm just looking at today, staying sober and being positive. Hope your all well, have a great day! NS.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for the update NS - good to hear

D
Old 03-02-2017, 12:47 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good job NS! 4 days sober is amazing. As you said, don't let your mind get too far ahead and keep moving forward one day/hour/minute at a time. You can do this.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

4 days is something to be proud of, NS. Very happy to hear it.