Notices

Day 14

Old 02-26-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 14

Hey there,
Just thought i'd check in. Earlier in the month i went out on a 7 day binge. I finally got to a point where i said enough is enough. I suppose when you have AA in your belly it's hard to stay out for long (with me anyways). I could still end up in jail, in an institution or dead. After trying to detox at home (not recommended) i drove myself to the hospital and then ended up in detox. The thought of going to detox alone should keep me sober. I love the outdoors and i always feel like a caged animal when i'm there.
Once out the next 9 days were rough with hardly any sleep, anxiety and depression. Day 10 was better and have started sleeping.
I recently had a birthday which i stayed sober through even with a snowstorm which is a major trigger. I also talked with my mother/step-father for the first time in quite awhile. It was awkward. I know she brought me into this world but she is a selfish, toxic and manipulative person that honestly i'd rather keep my distance from. I had planned to talk to them today..but surprise surprise..i was blown off. She's in my 4th step and i know i have some amends to make with her. I also have to forgive her for some things that she did to my brother who passed away. Anyway i hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 02-26-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks
Old 02-26-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Snow is a trigger for me too, comtn. Congrats on two weeks!
Old 02-26-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats! Feel free to come join the class of Feb 2017 and say hi. We would love to welcome you.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and have 2 weeks comtnman - and happy belated birthday - looks like not having to interact with your mom was a good present

D
Old 02-27-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back Comtnman!! Day 14 is fantastic!!
Old 02-27-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I feel like i'm guarding my sobriety like the holy grail. I got a call from an old friend who is dealing with depression and doesn't appear to want to help himself. He's been leaning on me and my sobriety has been suffering. I very sternly told him last Monday that i think he should work on his problems and i should work on mine. In other words i need some space. Well guess who called today. Pisses me off some people can be so selfish. Needless to say i don't like blowing off phone calls but i didn't answer and i didn't call him back. I hope he gets help for himself. Strangely enough i haven't had cravings through that whole ordeal today. Sober today Day 15!
Old 02-27-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by comtnman740 View Post
Thanks everyone! I feel like i'm guarding my sobriety like the holy grail. I got a call from an old friend who is dealing with depression and doesn't appear to want to help himself. He's been leaning on me and my sobriety has been suffering. I very sternly told him last Monday that i think he should work on his problems and i should work on mine. In other words i need some space. Well guess who called today. Pisses me off some people can be so selfish. Needless to say i don't like blowing off phone calls but i didn't answer and i didn't call him back. I hope he gets help for himself. Strangely enough i haven't had cravings through that whole ordeal today. Sober today Day 15!
Good for you comtnman,
You statement about guarding your sobriety made me smile. I do the same. My sobriety is my prized possession. Without sobriety I'm going to loose all my other possessions anyway!😊