SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Post ante vos pick sursum Weekender 24-26 Feb (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/405240-post-ante-vos-pick-sursum-weekender-24-26-feb.html)

BrendaChenowyth 02-24-2017 05:38 PM

People are like artichokes. You have to peel away a lot of layers to get to their heart. Awwwww!

badger257 02-24-2017 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth (Post 6345676)
People are like artichokes. You have to peel away a lot of layers to get to their heart. Awwwww!

Lol. Reminded me of Shrek. "Onions! I'm like an onion!"

PhoenixJ 02-24-2017 06:21 PM

Tetra- puke books is using yourS brainy muscles. Look at all the effort you put into that wonderful whine. You should share these pearls of wisdom on the Whiner's thread. A great way to target impotent rage- on literature that IS puke.
For me it is analysing social commentary on Victorian horror/crime themes. Then there are the so called 'romantics'. Disaffected rich young men that rebel against the system by getting all arty and discovering themselves by drinking, sleeping with anything that has a pulse and writing it down. A tad cynical- but it beats drinking any day.
John Cleese- eat your heart out.

BrendaChenowyth 02-24-2017 06:30 PM

I'm an artichoke because I have spikes, you have to tread carefully.. lol.. but not an onion, I don't stink or make you cry.

STDragon 02-24-2017 07:17 PM

Evening all, work week done. Shopping done and put away. Sitting in bed, reading SR. Probably won't stay up much longer. Plans for tomorrow already set, gym, driving, shopping, dinner and few small projects. Can't go to work, used up my allotted overtime.

Trees39 02-24-2017 09:51 PM

I beat my AV today by posting on the main board. Super happy with that effort. My present self is thankful to my past intuitive self!

🌺🌸💝

saoutchik 02-24-2017 11:19 PM

Morning, well done Trees!

Still at my aunt and uncle's place. Long drive home later.

Dee74 02-25-2017 12:24 AM

I'm really glad you did that Tees :)
Watch out for Poldark Sao :)
D

George89 02-25-2017 12:51 AM

Morning all!

Its a bit of a damp, overcast day here in London.

I'm going to take my bike fixed in my local bike shop this morning, then spend a few hours with a meditation group, and this afternoon I've got a live sports event to watch, following my favorite football (soccer) team.

It's a real gift to wake up feeling grounded, healthy and happier, then I would have had I been drinking.

Hope your Saturday's are going well!

Solarion 02-25-2017 02:52 AM

Good morning! I'm going to try this early morning thing that other people have mentioned, at least on the weekends. I can always take a nap later. During the workweek I don't think it would be a good idea for me to get up too early.

Plans for this weekend:

Instructional videos (art and music)

Meditation reading (and practice!)

Shopping for fruits and veggies

A little bit of art-making (and practice!)

Some physical exercise

Adventures in other worlds (online games)

A modicum of housework (hah! "we'll see")

mecanix 02-25-2017 03:26 AM

Sao it's great to be sober so nipping down to cornwall on a whim is a valid and reasonable choice. hooray :)

Tetra, boredom eh ? I think for me it was boredom that was telling me i was growing , my old life wasnt big enough for the sober me . The drunk me did nothing , went nowhere and was contenet with just sitting in my room with a telly drinking till i passed out .

Off for my sober coffee :)

m

BrendaChenowyth 02-25-2017 04:42 AM

Why do I hate mornings SO much?

kevlarsjal 02-25-2017 05:12 AM

Good morning weekenders!

Technically it's afternoon here but I just woke up from a 2 hour nap. I didn't sleep well or much last night so the day didn't really start for me before that nap. Feeling much better now.

Oh no, what's wrong Brenda?

STDragon 02-25-2017 05:13 AM

Good job Trees, I used to tell myself that the present me is an a**hole to the future me. Sobriety changed that, now the future me likes the present me because the present me is doing what's best for future me.

Not a morning person Brenda?

STDragon 02-25-2017 07:08 AM

Thread is quiet this morning. Everyone sleeping in extra late?

Marissa41 02-25-2017 07:12 AM

Good Morning.. I thought I would start posting here too and checking in throughout the day. I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY!
It's beautiful here in Texas. Blue skies and warm weather!

Plan for the day is productivity. Spring cleaning.
For some reason my husband got motivated yesterday. He's been months of not dong much around the house but drinking, which made me very unmotivated.
So this morning it's coffee and a Zyrtec (allergies). And if I find the need for them later a Tramadol and a low dose Xanax. It's better than drinking.
:turn::turn::turn::turn:

STDragon 02-25-2017 07:12 AM

Heading out soon. Dropping daughter off for volunteer work at food bank then shopping for shoes. I really want a new pair of Keens, but I also want new running shoes and the place we are going to is really well known for their knowledge and attentiveness. Perfect opportunity to get fitted in new joggers. Think I just made my decision!

biminiblue 02-25-2017 07:15 AM

Sleep in? What's that? I go to bed at 8PM, I'm nearly always up by 4:30AM.

No giraffe baby yet. I think it's all a publicity stunt, she isn't acting like our giraffe did on the day she calved. Of course, I've been wrong about a lot of stuff, and I'm certainly no giraffe expert. I have that N=1 experience only.

It's colder than cold here today.

Hi, Mesa. :)

STDragon 02-25-2017 07:15 AM

Hi Marissa! I was in Huston for a week a few years back in October, oh boy was it ever hot, humid and Sunny. I really enjoyed my visit.

biminiblue 02-25-2017 07:17 AM

http://www.jolkona.org/wp-content/up...iraffeBaby.jpg

Can you see the little one? This is the male calf born here a couple years back. So cute. He's just a day or two old in this pic.

Oh, I thought that picture was smaller. Oh, well. In the smaller picture, it was hard to see him. He blended right in. Hello!

BrendaChenowyth 02-25-2017 07:22 AM

Just not a morning person. I find I wake up lately feeling as sluggish and foggy as I would with one of my milder hangovers.

I made my strong cup of coffee this morning.. and it may have to be my last, because it gave me some problems I don't care to talk about.

So now my new morning energy drink will be a Superfood smoothie.. it's not very smooth because I shake it in the bottle I bought.. when I finish it I will just do water the rest of the day.. hopefully. I have a feeling by 4 I will have another cup of coffee.

But I also bought all kinds of healthy food for my work weekend, I'll be munching on raw veggies whenever I have downtime lol

kevlarsjal 02-25-2017 07:27 AM

My boyfriend's about to come over in a bit and I'll try and get some cleaning and studying done before he comes. Then for tonight we have planned to go and see a movie (probably Lion, anyone seen it?). :herewego

So if this time none of us stress heads loses their nerves we could end up having a nice and romantic evening.

Plan B is watching trashy TV and weaving.

Tomorrow I might go to an indoor flea market (it's still cold here) but I don't know if I really should. I have absolutely no spare money to spend at the moment and even if I behave and don't buy anything there I'll have to pay for public transport which isn't cheap.

kevlarsjal 02-25-2017 07:30 AM

Have you tried tea Brenda? I find coffee makes me feel hyperactive and sometimes gives me a weird stomach but with tea it's a but better.

And I have the same problem with feeling almost hungover in the mornings. I think it might be allergies, so i should get tested for that.

BrendaChenowyth 02-25-2017 07:31 AM

My coworker on the other hand seems to have brought cookies and red bull and his vape. We're here ALL day.

BrendaChenowyth 02-25-2017 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal (Post 6346243)
Have you tried tea Brenda? I find coffee makes me feel hyperactive and sometimes gives me a weird stomach but with tea it's a but better.

And I have the same problem with feeling almost hungover in the mornings. I think it might be allergies, so i should get tested for that.

Maybe I'll start drinking hot tea for a little caffeine.. and I should make caffeine-free tea at night for my passionflower oil.

I definitely have allergies. Our vents are extremely dusty.

Marissa41 02-25-2017 07:36 AM

I know what you mean about the flea markets. I love to go but not without money. I could spend all day browsing at the many in our area. One of my favorite sober things to do!

SueDenim 02-25-2017 07:36 AM

Oh, look at the little giraffe :). He has such a sweet face.

He does blend in well with his mother -it was only because you asked if we could see him that I looked twice.

How long before they are full size?

LadyBlue0527 02-25-2017 07:36 AM

Happy Sober Saturday!

Looks like lots of good plans for the day. Trees, glad you did that.

Sometimes what we do in the morning sets the tone for the day. I've found that to be true recently.

On my way to my sponsors in about 10 minutes and then meeting up with a woman I volunteered with.

Then, home for trashy tv later just like kevlarsjal!

Thanks for the pic bimini. still waiting on the baby to be born. I check in every once in a while. I hear giraffes can be in labor for 9 days. I wouldn't even want to do something that feels good for that long!

Have a great day everyone :)

Marissa41 02-25-2017 07:43 AM

Well I'm off for a few hours until my cravings start, then I'll be back!!
Have a great day!!:wavey:

saoutchik 02-25-2017 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to Weekenders George89 and Marissa 41. Good to see a fellow Londoner.

I am about to commence the 350 mile drive home from Cornwall, I will have more time to catch up then. This was taken outside the restaurant we visited yesterday evening