SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sparkos has died (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/405152-sparkos-has-died.html)

Sparkos 02-21-2017 08:19 AM

Sparkos has died

Sorry for the "Rupert Murdoch"banner headline!

My SR name comes from the ancient Welsh god, Sparkotlacys who was a benevolent Knight on the quest to rid his people from the evils of mind altering substances which society had proclaimed to be beneficial and normal. In fact the terms'wine o clock' and 'just one quick one' were introduced to Welsh society at this time.
After a time, Sparkotlacys came to realise that this evil substance, boozidentrum was not at all beneficial and caused great hardship to the good people of his kingdom.,.......................

Oh no, wait. It's the name of my cat!

Thrilled that I will NEVER drink again and I will NEVER change my mind.
Today, Mr Sparkos, my cat, died.

He went quite quickly, in my arms, from a brain tumor. He didn't suffer too much and we were expecting it. All very sad.

However, apropos this site and my point is that my AV beast was delighted!!
IT'S message, "Now this is genuinely very traumatic to you. You simply MUST drink to numb this pain. Nobody would blame you. To get through this, you can simply open a bottle of vodka, and the hurt will go away. Don't feel bad about it. Nobody can be expected to keep on this great fight you've been waging following this horrible occurrence."

Yeah, right AV. You simply won't give up will you. ANY tactics, no matter how despicable!

NO I WON'T!!!!!

Another battle won for me for seeing IT'S horrible, selfish, destructive nature.

Stay away from me. In you're cage where you belong. :pokey:

Anna 02-21-2017 08:22 AM

I'm so very sorry about the loss of your cat.

biminiblue 02-21-2017 08:23 AM

Aww. I'm so sorry, Sparkos.

aasharon90 02-21-2017 08:28 AM

May your beloved friend frolick happily
amongst all his friends up there in Cat
Heaven. Maybe he will befriend my 2
loveable cats who passed away several
yrs ago. Lucky and Gus keep an eye out
for a new friend arriving today. His name
is Sparkos. :)

Marissa41 02-21-2017 08:40 AM

I'm so sorry.. I love my 4 kitties and we also recently just lost one. At one time we had 10 after we had a litter. They are all special.
But so very glad you kicked your AV's butt!

Crescent12 02-21-2017 08:48 AM

Mr Sparkos wouldn't want you to harm yourself; he'd hope you stay strong and continue on this journey. He is thankful for having such a good owner in his life:)

starstarstar 02-21-2017 08:54 AM

I am so, so sorry.

Mountainmanbob 02-21-2017 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sparkos (Post 6341335)

Today, Mr Sparkos, my cat, died.

He went quite quickly, in my arms,

To die in someone's arms who loves me.

You cat was blessed.

MB

BixBees505 02-21-2017 09:12 AM

And...you kicked AV's despicable rear quarters!!

MLD51 02-21-2017 10:26 AM

So sorry about Mr. Sparkos. Losing beloved pets is always sad.
But good for you, for telling the AV where to go.

thomas11 02-21-2017 10:27 AM

Sorry to hear about Sparkos. I know how important our pets can be.

ardy 02-21-2017 10:35 AM

the Cat Goddess Bast watches and waits for your little one at the rainbow bridge.. know that in your heart. they are safe ..and live in the sun with lots of fish.. I am so sorry for your lose of this loving fur ball.....

AlaskaGirl 02-21-2017 10:41 AM

I'm so sorry you lost a beloved member of your family. You showed remarkable strength recognizing and resisting the AV in such a heartbreaking situation. Experiencing great sadness, and great joy, is so much more profound without being clouded by substances. My heart goes out to you.

BrendaChenowyth 02-21-2017 10:47 AM

Sorry about Mr. S. May he rest in peace. Hope you are doing okay.

MsCooterBrown 02-21-2017 10:48 AM

So very sorry for Sparkos death.
The AV gets really loud in these situations. You are doing good. Hang in there...

Cascabel 02-21-2017 10:54 AM

You have my sympathy. It is really hard to loose a much-loved pet��.

Bird615 02-21-2017 11:03 AM

My condolences as I know how much my cat means to me. There is nothing we have to drink over, so well done!

dwtbd 02-21-2017 12:11 PM

Sorry to hear about Sparkos, it's been a little over a year since my wife and I held our beloved Nike as he passed at the vet's office. He was almost fifteen and in a bad way at the end, just glad we were there for his passing.
Grief is literally nothing if not lived/passed through. How true , how despicable the AV , to tempt one to indulge by cheating the memory of a loved one , that numbing buzz is more desirable than the loved one? I'd call it a hateful thing , but IT doesn't even deserve that type of recognition, impotent gawdawful pathetic thing that.
Long Live Sparkos!

least 02-21-2017 12:18 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved cat. :hug: Glad you didn't drink over it.

Kcey 02-21-2017 12:21 PM

I'm so so sorry x