Notices

That awkward moment when...

Old 02-20-2017, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

That awkward moment when...

"You go to buy some food and your mind goes blank as you stare at the alcohol section like a labrador obsessed with a ball that's about to be thrown"
Old 02-20-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yikes, try to avoid the beer and wine aisle.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah I didn't look at beer for quite a while.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I avoided the aisle for a bit as well, I promise it gets easier.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it can happen and the great fact is i dont have to allow thouģhts to control my actions.

If you want peace, prepare for war
Old 02-20-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is WAR!

It is everywhere here. Maybe I am just focused on how much it is prevalent because I am trying so hard to stay away from it. Hell they even have wine at the church! Good thing I am not a church person. Sweaty glasses...I am serious..Grocery store. DRIVE UP LIQUOR STORES...Drive up windows. I kid you not. What would you like? Rum and coke please and off you go with your to go cup. PURE INSANITY!!! Never seen anything like it.

I am seriously in Military Tactic Project Isolation Mode (I just made that up...Not a military woman)....I am happy here to so I hope some day I can go out again.

Hang TOUGH!
Old 02-20-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
It is WAR!

they even have wine at the church! Good thing I am not a church person. Sweaty glasses...I am serious..

Hang TOUGH!
Jesus turned the water into wine after it run out at a wedding ceremony, His mum told him to do it according to wiki!
I guess he never drank the wine though as he might of realised it has a mind altering effect and I'm sure he would never of wanted that!
Old 02-20-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InApickle View Post
Jesus turned the water into wine after it run out at a wedding ceremony, His mum told him to do it according to wiki!
according to the bible, his mother told the servants ,"whatever He says to you,do it."
John 2:2-10

2 On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2 Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. 3 And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.”

4 Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.”

5 His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.”

6 Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. 7 Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. 8 And He said to them, “Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast.” And they took it. 9 When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. 10 And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!”
Old 02-20-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Yikes, try to avoid the beer and wine aisle.
I will Anna, going to get the shopping online for now
Old 02-20-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I used to look at an aisle of liquor and see a party. After many years I saw "medicine". Now if I see an aisle of liquor I see trouble. I don't even know what kind of trouble, but I do know that if I drink a bunch of it, I will end up in some kind of trouble. Its a guarantee.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yea I avoid the beer/wine aisle at the grocery store. Still a big trigger for me.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

In Alaska all liquor, including beer and wine, has to be sold in a separate store from the groceries. I used to think that was stupid. Now I'm grateful.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Not here Alaska. Used to be you couldn't buy alcohol on Sunday. I never understood that...because we were supposed to be praying and not drinking??? Crazy because people just stocked up on Saturday to cover no one open on Sunday. Now it is every place every day.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
The best way out is through -- Robert Frost

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
It is WAR!

I am seriously in Military Tactic Project Isolation Mode (I just made that up...Not a military woman)....I am happy here to so I hope some day I can go out again.

Hang TOUGH!
MsCooterBrown! I LOVE your term -- and it can be so necessary to burrow out of sight for awhile. David Sedaris, the writer, moved to Japan for three months to quit smoking. Extreme? Perhaps. Expensive? Yes, but cheaper than continuing smoking! Effective. A resounding yes!

I tend not to leave the country when I go into hiding (my home is my sanctuary), but I wanted to share a strange and marvelous method to demonstrate that your MT-PIM is perfection.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

WenRiver....It works for me. Not sure how healthy it is? Once again...I live in a small town. I pretty much just disappeared with no explanation to my "friends" that are ....when we REALLY look at it...Drinking buddies. NOW I am getting called a shut in. And really..I don't care. Sometimes I get upset by everything because they are bar people. Not friends. BUT I was the person that was ready to jump right in with them. So blind that 30 years have passed. Anyway...they will have to do it without me. I quietly...insanely...dropped out. WTF ever...we have to do what we have to do. Thanks for your support in your post. <3
Old 02-21-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

tomsteve...I am trying to go to bed. I just have to say G'night. And your #8 post (finally I get they are all numbered) is so extreme for a recovering Catholic like me. WHOA...But you will go to heaven. I will go to purgatory I think...I think I read I have to burn there for a bit before I can move on. NO WONDER I AM SO SCREWED UP! Wtf...
Old 02-21-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

^^^ Purgatory?
Or you could come back and do it all again!
What is déjà vu? | HowStuffWorks
Old 02-21-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

If Jesus lived to a ripe old age, would he have become an alcoholic?
Old 02-21-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I completely skip the alcohol isle act like it doesn't exist.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
If Jesus lived to a ripe old age, would he have become an alcoholic?
Anythings possible, curiosity of what the wine tasted like after it was turned from water would be enough to give anybody the sense of relaxation...Especially if you was stressed out!!!