SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Cheers for Venuscat (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/405091-cheers-venuscat.html)

stargazer016 02-20-2017 06:59 PM

Suze, you are one of the kindest and most welcoming people that I have met on SR and you have always gone out of your way to make myself and others feel welcome. Now, I welcome you to my country.

We already have done the most difficult and scariest thing that any one of us here will ever have to do-fight addiction. And we are winning. After beating the bottle, I know that you can do anything that you put your mind to! Get on that plane and get yourself over here!

Is Nick an Ohio State fan? It's kind of a religion in those parts. I've been in the Columbus airport and it's pretty much a giant Ohio State locker room.

Can't wait for you and Nick to begin your new lives together. Thanks for being so awesome. Go Buckeyes!

Coldfusion 02-20-2017 07:00 PM

Suze, you are indeed an amazing person! I hope you feel better soon. Moving is quite an ordeal--it's hard to let things go, but try to think of the actual cost of what you are shipping instead of the sentimental value. Is it cheaper to ship or buy a new one?

We are very fortunate to have you with us here on SoberRecovery. Love to both you and Nick!

Goat 02-20-2017 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by stargazer016 (Post 6340684)
Is Nick an Ohio State fan?

I sometimes watch Ohio State games, but my loyalty lies with Clemson, my Alma Mater.

The OSU-Clemson game this year was pretty fantastic :)

venuscat 02-20-2017 07:06 PM

Awww.....guys.....this is just so wonderful. Thank you. ♥

I will let Nick tell you about his football team star, (and it would seem he just did :)), but I was there in November (Columbus) for the game between Ohio State and Michigan on Nov 26....wow, so many passionate fans. (Not to mention a lot of drinking, and a LOT of very drunk and high people. Made us even more grateful to be sober).

And yes darling Bobbi ~ 25 years here as well.
We shall do this together. :hug: ♥

venuscat 02-20-2017 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Coldfusion (Post 6340687)
Suze, you are indeed an amazing person! I hope you feel better soon. Moving is quite an ordeal--it's hard to let things go, but try to think of the actual cost of what you are shipping instead of the sentimental value. Is it cheaper to ship or buy a new one?

We are very fortunate to have you with us here on SoberRecovery. Love to both you and Nick!

Shipping 5 boxes of stuff I need and have just bought.
The "I need" list is mostly some things that were my parents.
Nothing else matters. It's just stuff, and I don't want it anymore.

Love you dearest Coldy ~ we have been on this journey for a long time together. many of us have.

As Nick said, you guys are my family. ♥

OldTomato 02-20-2017 11:06 PM

Feel better soon Suze! Good luck with the move and try to keep stress levels to a minimum (easier said than done, I know).

You've got an exciting new life waiting for you in America by the sounds of it, I'm so happy for you!

venuscat 02-20-2017 11:30 PM

Thank you love. :) :hug:

I got a lot done today ~ we did actually, and I am calm and feeling a lot better.
Looks like the worst of this bug is over (thank you God), and now it's time for food, posting here, a video and bed.

I feel so buoyed by all of this support. ♥

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...fe5906a48d.gif

PhoenixJ 02-21-2017 12:01 AM

:grouphug:

venuscat 02-21-2017 12:17 AM

Love you PJ. Thank you for your support. :hug: ♥

PhoenixJ 02-21-2017 12:37 AM

:c007::c033::c007::c033::c007:

CH16 02-21-2017 01:10 AM

I only joined yesterday and as such do not know venuscat. What I do know is that I received a most warm welcome from her. I thank her heartily and wish her all the best in her move.

venuscat 02-21-2017 01:42 AM

Thank you....and thank you for being here with us.
You have family here now. :hug: ♥

venuscat 02-21-2017 02:00 AM

I wanted to answer all of your posts ~ but I would be saying the same thing over and over.

I am beyond grateful for your support, advice and love.
Thank you for believing in me.
Thank you for being here for me. :grouphug:

I have been very much (physically) alone for the past two and a half months. It has been challenging. For quite some time, I missed the sisters who have left my life, and desperately tried to understand why others who called themselves my friends had just disappeared.

I was dealing with crummy health on top of that, and the completely maddening stress in the building I live in (exist in) was becoming too hard for me to deal with.

I almost got lost for a while there.

Nick made sure that didn't happen.

And today he has made sure that I have the strength I need to do this ~ I have never felt more loved in my life. Thank you my darling. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I am very blessed.

Neoo 02-21-2017 02:10 AM

Venus sending you all the love in the world. I wish you the best for the future and has been great talking with you a number of times here..Thank you for all your support and kind words...You Take Care :hug: :hug:

MidnightBlue 02-21-2017 02:35 AM

Suze, my dear friend, I am sending you HUUUUUUUUGE warm hugs and positive vibes!!!!!

:VSHeartpink:

PhoenixJ 02-21-2017 03:11 AM

VC- language! 'crummy?!!!!!'.

venuscat 02-21-2017 03:18 AM

= of poor quality....a very good word I think dearest PJ. :biggrin:
Love and goodnight. :hug: ♥

And thank you Neoo and Midnight. :hug: s ♥

Going to bed happy. :)

soberclover 02-21-2017 03:24 AM

This is so inspiring to read about your awesome journey!! So exciting!!!!

Neoo 02-21-2017 03:30 AM

Goodnight venus :hug:

Astro 02-21-2017 04:15 AM

Long rollercoaster ride ahead, and it's going to be fantastic in spite of the bumps and sharp turns! I wish you nothing but the best. This is what recovery prepares us for, to have a great life. After years of effort it's your time to reap the rewards :hug: