Notices

Hello

Old 02-20-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hello,
I am from the UK and really want to stop drinking. I gave up on new year's eve 2016 and was struggling but sober untill yesterday. It was my birthday and I felt so let down by my family that I thought sod it if they dont care I won't care. I ended up in the bath all afternoon with a bottle of wine then had another as I had already messed up my sobriety!
I can't remember anything after the 1st glass from the 2nd bottle but I have a lump on my eyebrow as I must have banged myself and terrible anxiety. I am so angry at myself for being so weak. I don't think I can go to AA as I live in a small town and could not bear to think "everyone knows" so I thought I would register instead of lurking in the background.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LancashireLass View Post
Hello,
I am from the UK and really want to stop drinking. I gave up on new year's eve 2016 and was struggling but sober untill yesterday. It was my birthday and I felt so let down by my family that I thought sod it if they dont care I won't care. I ended up in the bath all afternoon with a bottle of wine then had another as I had already messed up my sobriety!
I can't remember anything after the 1st glass from the 2nd bottle but I have a lump on my eyebrow as I must have banged myself and terrible anxiety. I am so angry at myself for being so weak. I don't think I can go to AA as I live in a small town and could not bear to think "everyone knows" so I thought I would register instead of lurking in the background.
Hello

First off I just wanted to say congrats for your sobriety spell. I know its over now, but you really tried and that's a good thing. I think it can bode well for the future.

I can completely empthasize regarding your need to drink after you felt let down by your family. I have found that emotional distress is a big trigger for drinking. The biggest one for me.

Did you speak to your family about how you felt by any chance?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi,
No not yet, no doubt I shall be informed of what stupid things I did/said when my husband comes home. Thanks for your support x
Old 02-20-2017, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad your back,
Yep you had a good start. Now it's time to figure what caused this, learn from it, and start again. You can do it now you know how.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LL- welcome. Small communities any where are like that- I lived in heaps. As well as SR- there are SMART online tools, plus AA resources. I find the more resources I have- the more successful I am. I get the b-day bit.
My support to you. Do not drink. Face the music and move on. Keep posting. PJ (:-)>
Old 02-20-2017, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome LancashireLass
You've come to a good place for support

why not check out our Class of February support thread?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post6340342
Old 02-20-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ll,
how lucky you are alive! drinking in the bath could so easily lead to drowning, ultimately.

yes; seeing drinking as a good idea when others don't seem to care about me enough, or properly.....been there done that. along with any other ' reason' that came along.

congrats for coming out of lurking. participating instead of passively reading is a very different experience.
glad you showed up!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Part of the anxiety is the booze trying to push you to drink again don't give in to it. I don't do AA either my main support is these forums and so far it's working. I'm glad your back so quickly, you can still do this.