Notices

Was proud of this poem I wrote until...

Old 02-19-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Was proud of this poem I wrote until...

I realized that I've long ago replaced my meth problem with alcohol. I wrote this poem for a class assignment years ago and I was so proud getting off the meth but it never occurred to me that I only did so with the help of alcohol/other drugs. Now, looking back at this poem I can see that meth and alcohol or any addiction for that matter can be interchangeable and I feel sad.

I am someone who has made several mistakes in my life.
Not only did I make mistakes, I've made them over and over again.
I am someone who has negatively influenced others to partake in my mistakes, which could possibly be my greatest sin.
I have let the mistakes in my life hold me back, and even though I have moved passed them, I have very close friends who are now lost as well

I am someone who has overcome my bad choices and
I am someone who has found a way to learn from them
I am no longer dependent on crystal meth and since then my life has changed for the better
I will never let something come so close to destroying my life just because “it feels good”, though I can’t say the same for the friends I have lost
I am more focused on my goals, more level headed, and aware of just how many terrible chances I took
I am someone who is lucky that I didn’t destroy my life, family, and criminal record and again, I can’ t say the same for the friends I have lost

Now I am someone who works very hard, and looking forward to a great future
I am someone who is fortunate to have a supportive and loving family
I am someone who is now so in love with not only my significant other, but my life in general.
I can’t say the same for the friends that I have lost, but maybe one day if I find them again, I can.

I am now letting alcohol derail some of the things I was so proud of in this poem and I wish I weren't.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Bateel888

Many of us lurched from drug to drug...I know I did. Eventually I worked out I couldn't fill the void in me with stuff, and I started to work on healing the void.

I got a lot of support and guisance form this community and I know you will too

I'm glad you found us

D