Notices

Another Day 1.. Finally posting

Old 02-18-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Day 1.. Finally posting

I have come to this site before just to read and have stayed behind the screen... too embarrassed to even post to hear supportive words(Crazy I know) but that's the anxiety...

Went on a 4 day bender this week and felt terrible yesterday (shocking right?!).. Had a few drinks just to calm my shakes... Didn't work, obviously.
So today is a new day 1.. Spent most of it reading others posts and doing things to try to relax

What a waste of a week.. I have been doing great with not drinking for 2 months and have been feeling SO GOOD... Before that was a solid year of drinking on and off

these withdrawals are the worst I've had for sure
I was so panicked last night I had to take anxiety meds to calm down.. I don't even have anything to be panicked about!! It's crazy how this disease gets into your head like that
I'm done.. so done and SO ready to quit for good
I have tried so many times but never really wanted to and I am finally there..

I don't have a lot of support from family never have.. and I've been hiding my drinking from my boyfriend(what a terrible girlfriend) and don't want to go to AA meetings.. So I'm here.. Hoping this works because if nothing changes nothing changes and I'm sooo ready for change

-D
Old 02-18-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. Yet another day 1 for me too. We CAN do it! So many great people here.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to meet you DD,
There is no shame in posting here. We have all been where you are now. Posting and reading here helps strengthen my resolve when times are tough.

Very glad to meet you.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

DD931- welcome. You are right about nothing changing. Sounds like from that you may have been to meetings. They can help. Hope is all good. I hope to be a millionaire one day to do good things to help people. Hope needs action.
I think perhaps you need to see a doctor about the physical symptoms of how the booze is attacking your body. Just posting here will probably not change much. Doctor for safe detox, day to day support and a PLAN. How do you intend to put into action your hopes for change? Addiction cannot be wished away.
There are lots of tools at SR- in the 'sticky' threads. Keep posting.
Support to you, PJ.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
DD931- welcome. You are right about nothing changing. Sounds like from that you may have been to meetings. They can help. Hope is all good. I hope to be a millionaire one day to do good things to help people. Hope needs action.
I think perhaps you need to see a doctor about the physical symptoms of how the booze is attacking your body. Just posting here will probably not change much. Doctor for safe detox, day to day support and a PLAN. How do you intend to put into action your hopes for change? Addiction cannot be wished away.
There are lots of tools at SR- in the 'sticky' threads. Keep posting.
Support to you, PJ.
I have seen a doctor and he prescribed the anxiety medication. Last time I withdrew I went to the hospital and they pretty much just shoved Ativan in my face and sent me home. Not trying to wish the addiction away, I'm barely seeing through the fog right now... Hoping that posting here might offer more support than I have now and then figure out my plan
Old 02-18-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome DD931.. stay close to SR but also what PJ said ^^^

Take care - Nic x
Old 02-18-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 02-18-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome!
Old 02-18-2017, 10:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, glad you are here.