Notices

Day 7 clean of hydros

Old 02-17-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7 clean of hydros

Hi all......never posted to a forum in my life...much less, one for recovering addicts...but here I am and damned glad for it! I had scrip percocet 10s for 2.5 yrs and the last six months I was going thru 10-12 a day when I finally just broke down and stopped...after beating myself up for months for not doing it earlier.

I'm on day 7 since my last dose and doing great other than the diarrhea and stomach rumbling seem to be worse today than any other. Is it in its last throws or am I doing something wrong. Doc gave me Zofran which didn't help a whole lot and I've been taking about 6 or 7 immodiums per day.....Pepto, GasX, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Aside from that peeps......the degree to which my body, mind and soul are awakening is amazing and I can't stress enough to anyone else thinking of quitting to just....do....it. Get support and help first so you're not alone but I'm here to testify, that while yes, the first 4.5 days for me were rough.....they were manageable if you read posts here for tips, you absolutely will begin to shine again.

God bless all who've counseled, guided, listened, and cared for anyone trying to recover......You've made a difference in complete strangers lives for the better and I can think of few higher honors.

Thxs
Old 02-17-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome Jinx and congratulations on being clean for 7 days, that's a big step in the right direction. Glad you decided to join the forum, you will find a lot of support and understanding here.

Regarding the gastro issues i'd recommend following up with your doc and let him know the prescription isn't working, maybe a different dosage or med will help...but that's medical advice and best left to a doc.

Hope you stick around SR, we also have some forums specific to substance abuse you may want to check out, but you are always welcome here in newcomers no matter what your Drug of Choice was.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Jinx - glad to have you
I agree your Dr is your best bet if you're having debilitating gastro issues.

D
Old 02-17-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm glad you posted.

Good for you for getting through Day 7 and moving on.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning of day 8 and the first night in 2.5 years that I slept all thru till morming! I'm at the end of the tunnel and I'm never going back! God bless and speed to all who are fighting, and all who are there to render love , aid , and support!
Old 02-18-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jinx - in my experience the gastro issues would come in during the later stages of acute withdrawal (starting day 4). I took Zofran sometimes for nausea, and it helped somewhat. To be honest, I had the opposite gastro problems for so long that I was just grateful to be able to go when I needed to. The non-opi addicts might not get that reference.

I think I used Immodium once for a withdrawal, but I don't remember taking it for more than a few days.

Things generally started to get considerably better over the course of the second week. I also felt the 'awakening' of mind and soul that you are talking about. It was like I had been in a coma for years and was finally waking up to reality.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I bet you feel free, Jinx. When I quit drinking, I felt like the world was lifted from my shoulders.

Congratulations on day 8! Keep up the great work.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your progress Jinx

D