Notices

First Meeting in half an hour.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Meeting in half an hour.

Hi all

I am, in half an hour setting off to my first meeting. I am meeting someone outside, but am feeling very sick at the moment.

This is my 3rd day without the bad stuff, and I have to say that I found the courage to ring AA after finding this webpage a month or so ago, I read so much encouraging stuff. So thank you for being out there.

Anyway will come back later and let you know how I got on.

In the mean time any suggestions as to what supplement I can take to try and improve my health? I have milkthistle and multivits. Any other suggestions?

I am having the hot sweats and "antsy" can't keep still feeling too!

Back later.
x
Old 10-12-2004, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Let us know how it goes!

Hope
Old 10-12-2004, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Breath deep...and good luck. You'll feel much better after you get there. Listening to people sharing their ES&H, has a calming effect. AA meetings, a healthy diet, excersise and your multivitamin...sounds like your off to a great start, if you apply all of the above to your life. I'm looking forward to hearing how your meeting went. Let us know...have a terrific day.

LeAnne
Old 10-12-2004, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Got there did it. Fantastic. Wonderful people they are all so happy! I felt for the first time that I met people who completely understood. It wasn't how I expected at all. (I think I have seen too many movies) I came away from there feeling so positive, and like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Infact I was so full of myself and how great I felt- I actually walked past my front door ....I was so deep in thought!

It was great.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Remember that feeling, store it away, and bring it back when you feel like you are slipping.

-pedagogue
Old 10-12-2004, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dianna

Hi Aestas,Congratulations on day 3!!!! keep up that good work,and yes there is definetely light at the end of the tunnel,you gotta just remember...one day at a time and you'll get there,I guarantee you!!! oh those nasty sweats that first week of sobriety,just a withdrawl symptom your body is experiencing but mine went away after the first week.And the queasy stomache,I sucked on some hard candy all day and that really seemed to help.I'm glad you felt good after your A.A. meeting,those tables have really helped me hang on to my sobriety some days and also hang on to what little bit of hope I had left.You hang in there and that light will get brighter and brighter each day........Dianna
Old 10-12-2004, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pedagogue
Remember that feeling, store it away, and bring it back when you feel like you are slipping.

-pedagogue
This is so true! Tonite I need to remember that myself. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Yep...hang on to that feeling!!!
:tri