Notices

What to do with the extra time...

Old 02-18-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What to do with the extra time...

Well here I sit on day 63, awake 3 hours before my wife and kids as usual, came out to the cabin last night because we are going snowboarding today, I couldn't sleep a wink past 5:30, I miss sleeping in on the weekend, it will be easier in the summer when it's nice out, go for a walk or boat ride or fishing but right now I'm bored out of my mind, it's cold and still dark out, don't feel like drinking at all so that's good just tired of being awake when everyone else is sleeping , lol.

Mainly posting this out of bordom, lol, well and to share that I'm still here and on day 63, never thought I could go this long a few months ago, amazing what you can do when you really put your mind to it.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2/2016

I try to read when I get bored. I get library books free on my ipad. Or I play Clash of Clans or Boom Beach on my ipad, or get up and make breakfast. Can you cook for everyone?
Old 02-18-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HTown View Post
I try to read when I get bored. I get library books free on my ipad. Or I play Clash of Clans or Boom Beach on my ipad, or get up and make breakfast. Can you cook for everyone?
I wish I could cook for everyone, we are at our cabin, I don't leave heat on when we aren't here because it's too expensive so there's nothing to cook, also no running water here in the winter so makes it hard to do dishes, We have never spent this much time here in the winter since we started snowboarding, might be worth it to leave heat on next year, usually just grab breakfast on the way to the hill, I love cooking here in the summer, I have a island in the back yard with built in BBQ and a counter that I built to my height, I'm 6'3" so I'm always crouched over at most counters.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do recovery anything work. SMART have lots of self-help worksheets to help grow in recovery online. Same with AA. Here- also I watch heaps of doco's. I read, journal- anything to be productive. Better than being bored.
(:-)>
Old 02-18-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sportdeck203 View Post

Well here I sit on day 63

just tired of being awake when everyone else is sleeping
It does get old not getting good night sleep.
Seems that as we get older we don't need as much sleep.
Congratulations on your 63 days sober.
M-Bob
Old 02-18-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey sport,
I love fishing and all kinds of outdoor stuff. February is a bad month because there isn't a lot you can do outside anyway.
I know exactly what you mean about having extra time. At over seven months sober that feeling does not happen as much. I guess I'm getting used to it now and my perception of time is normalizing.
I love being sober some days in the summer I get up before dawn, go fishing for a couple of hours and the head to the office.😀

Great job on 60 days my friend
Old 02-18-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here you go:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ething-do.html
Old 02-18-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love snowboarding!! Have fun and enjoy the new you the Sober you!!