Notices

Looking for advice/support!! Heroine addict

Old 02-22-2017, 11:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for advice/support!! Heroine addict

First timer

About a year and a half ago I started occasionally doing pills a 17. Once I met the boyfriend (Andy) I have now he introduced me to pure pills so the milligrams started to go up each time. Becoming more and more expensive. I did pills and was very new to the whole drug thing but Andy did heroine. Andy is 23 now so he quite a few years older than me and also started with pills until it got to expensive and switched to heroine . I wasn't okay with the fact that Andy did heroine and was too scared to try it myself, well for awhile. I didn't wanna spend tons of money each weekend on pills so eventually I tried heroine. I immediately fell in love with the high. I switch from pills then to heroine. I would only mostly get high on the weekends with Andy but he had been doing heroine (not everyday) for probably a year. Then this summer Andy got a job over the road making really good money. So I would go and visit for a couple days at a time and we get high the whole time. Wasn't much else to do. So it had to pin down a time when I started snorting heroine everyday I would say it was then. So for the past about six months I have done heroine everyday. There were times we tried to stop but the withdrawals were too much. So we just continued to have to scrap toghether money to get the heroine to avoid the withdrawals. I've been arrested twice because of heroine once while I was seventeen but no charge. And the second time was on Jan 31st. The police were watching the house and pulled us over immediate after and found the heroine in my car. Andy said it was all his and took the fall for it to protect me but I still spent two days in jail. Also my car was kept by the cops. Andy was already on probation before this so is now in pretty big trouble. This was rock bottom for us there was non more hiding the fact that we were heroine addicts. He is now in treatment but will eventually have to do jail time. After jail I had been clean a couple days a time but would always find an excuse to get high again. I have been four days clean now. I want to get clean for myself but also for Andy too. Some days the doubt creeps in about how heroine addicts are too addicted and I will never reach sobriety, or that I will need inpatient. So that's what has brought me where I am today.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
All is Change

Welcome Taylor. Please hang around. This is a good place for addicts who want to get clean.

edit add: It is a bit quiet at this time of the day. I don't have any personal experience with heroin. My addiction is alcohol. I imagine in the end an addiction is an addiction. The difficulty is coping with life and all its ups and downs without using.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I answered your other thread but welcome to Newcomers forum as well Taylor

D
Old 02-22-2017, 11:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
All is Change

Hey Taylor, Dee has moved one of your posts to : Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information Check that out too. all's good.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there.
Heroin is deadly.
I have a friend in recovery who has 18 months clean off heroin. She just got off probation...she had been on parole or probation for a solid 10 years. She got her license back. She has a job, an apartment, she's beautiful and healthy...her whole life has changed. You can do this too, I believe in you.
I highly suggest AA...that is how I got/stay sober. The support is amazing. There are a lot of heroin addicts in AA. It works for all addictions.
Hugs to you!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Taylor!!!
Old 02-23-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to SR Taylor19! I can't offer any advice on heroine but I wish you both good luck.