Notices

1 year sober - how to celebrate??!?

Old 02-17-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Spoil yourself at the spa.
Or just a nice day of reflection.

Then a special dinner out with a close friend who understands how important your sobriety is to you.
M-Bob
Old 02-17-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Layali, 1 year sober is so FANTASTIC, congratulations. Add up all the money you saved this last year and treat yourself special, you've earned it, rootin for ya.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
Well, it is an accomplishment and everyone should celebrate achieving their goals, especially one this difficult.
Completely agree. I was just saying that I personally don't celebrate. I'm probably a bit strange that way.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bunny211 View Post
I think celebration is a good thing! You've worked hard and you deserve to be proud.

What about a special treat for yourself that you wouldn't normally do. A spa day? A new purse? Hair and nails? New outfit?
big congratulations on one year

I like this idea. Do something nice for yourself. You deserve it!
Old 02-17-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'd celebrate in some way. Maybe make/buy some kind of keepsake to remind you of a year well spent and a good life still to look forward to. Anyways, congrats when it comes!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Layali View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post?
But my one year anniversary is coming up - February 27 - and I never thought this would happen!!! And I really want to celebrate it somehow. But....how? What do other people do to celebrate their soberversaries, especially the 1st year? Anything in particular?
Is there another place to post this, or other posts made on this already that I could take a look at? Any ideas or info would be much appreciated!!

btw, I am not in AA, and not many friends know. So, even though I want to celebrate in a big way, it also wouldn't be big as in the amount of people. It's still important and special though!

And of course, perhaps there are ways to celebrate in a personal way, too. Like starting a new goal, or doing something for myself. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Congrats! My one year is Feb 22 and I will celebrate by....going to my home group lunch meeting and getting my chip, during the three day stay-cation my boyfriend (also in recovery) and I are taking at a local b&b, and by somehow being in touch with the friends and fam in my amazing support system.

I also know we're getting engaged soon so I will probably associate these two amazing events 😉
Old 02-17-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congrats to you! I've been thinking about this because tomorrow is two years for me.
I am going to just enjoy the day. I'll be delightfully happy to wake up sober and not hung over. And, be glad I didn't waste about $7,000 on alchol (although, I'm not exactly sure where it went :-)
Congrats, again. You've done something spectacular for yourself and those in your life.