Notices

knock-on effect

Old 02-16-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

knock-on effect

Hi everyone.Hope everyone is doing ok.Can anyone else relate to this?As I move forward in my recovery,slowly but steadily I must add,I am calming down significantly.I am 9mths along now.Yes,there has been a few setbacks for me,not through giving in to the occasional craving but through relearning and even daring to remember how it is to be who I was,prior to drinking heavily.As I am now capable of rational thoughts and emotions,the changes for the better with my relationships with my children is just so good.My kids are all young adults.They obviously can sense the big changes going on with me.They all know that I have given up alcohol and why.I didn't share with them how hard every aspect of early recovery can be and is!Yet lately,we can talk about how much better life is after addication.I never pointedly say,wish you wouldn't drink at all.None of them have a drink problem though.I cannot change the way of this world,regarding alcohols firmly rooted place in it.But to influence those nearest and dearest,to include the folks on here is a blessing.My kids now have their mother back,well almost!Thanks for listening
Old 02-16-2017, 12:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello, Jojay

Just wanted to say a big congrats on your sobriety. That's absolutely wonderful. My father was also an alcoholic but at no point did he have the will you do. He drank until his liver couldn't take it anymore.

I don't know you, but I'm so happy for you.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by catlover1989 View Post
Hello, Jojay

Just wanted to say a big congrats on your sobriety. That's absolutely wonderful. My father was also an alcoholic but at no point did he have the will you do. He drank until his liver couldn't take it anymore.

I don't know you, but I'm so happy for you.
Hi Catlover and thankyou.I reckon that when in the grip of an addiction,the last thing on our minds is its effect on our bodies.Good bless.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jojay

Yeah I am definitely more serene. I think being able to get in touch with the real me, a constant me, not a me affected by the ups and downs of addiction, has really helped.

Still work to be done, but I'm in a good place. Sounds like you are too

D
Old 02-16-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 02-16-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Jojay

Yeah I am definitely more serene. I think being able to get in touch with the real me, a constant me, not a me affected by the ups and downs of addiction, has really helped.

Still work to be done, but I'm in a good place. Sounds like you are too

D
Hi Dee.Yep,so good to be in a good place.Serenity comes within,too.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jojay View Post
Hi everyone.Hope everyone is doing ok.Can anyone else relate to this?As I move forward in my recovery,slowly but steadily I must add,I am calming down significantly.I am 9mths along now.Yes,there has been a few setbacks for me,not through giving in to the occasional craving but through relearning and even daring to remember how it is to be who I was,prior to drinking heavily.As I am now capable of rational thoughts and emotions,the changes for the better with my relationships with my children is just so good.My kids are all young adults.They obviously can sense the big changes going on with me.They all know that I have given up alcohol and why.I didn't share with them how hard every aspect of early recovery can be and is!Yet lately,we can talk about how much better life is after addication.I never pointedly say,wish you wouldn't drink at all.None of them have a drink problem though.I cannot change the way of this world,regarding alcohols firmly rooted place in it.But to influence those nearest and dearest,to include the folks on here is a blessing.My kids now have their mother back,well almost!Thanks for listening
I can definitely relate to this statement. Early on I could not think rationally. I got something in my mind and couldn't get it out so my anxiety would increase. Now I feel like I can rationalize my thoughts much better. When I feel anxious or a negative thought pops up I am better able to think it through and relax.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ljc267 View Post
I can definitely relate to this statement. Early on I could not think rationally. I got something in my mind and couldn't get it out so my anxiety would increase. Now I feel like I can rationalize my thoughts much better. When I feel anxious or a negative thought pops up I am better able to think it through and relax.
Hi.Yes,it sure is so much better to be free of irrational thoughts or wirk through them.Many thanks