Notices

No idea where to start

Old 02-11-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No idea where to start

Just wondered if any can help with questions i have on my ex partners overdose.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

So sorry to hear that! Someone here will be able to help. Glad you posted because it helps to know you are not alone. All I can offer is kind words of encouragement that we care and will offer support for you.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. Ive tried researching as much as possible but cant find any answers. Hoping someone can help. X
Old 02-11-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Maybe you could explain yourself in more detail. Just start to type and let it all out. Alot of us need more info before we can help you out. Don't be afraid. We do not judge anyone. ♡CR
Old 02-11-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

On wednesday he was taken to hospital and restrained and sedated due to his behaviour towards doctors/police. Then he started having seizures to which they put him into an induced coma. He is on life support with a heart rate of 220 which they cant seem to stabalise. He is on kidney dialasis as his kidneys have failed. His oancreas lungs and heart are showing damage. He is been given platelets as his blood isnt clotting. Any transfusions he is been giving seem to be leaving his body through nose mouth and an internal bleed. Doctors have said they have given him every possible thing for his bidy to try react (potassium,glucose) but no signs of improvement. What happens next?
Old 02-11-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you're going through this...what a terrible thing.

What do his doctors say? I'm not certain if anyone here can offer much in terms of predictions but we can offer lots of support.

Sending you a hug.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Doctors arent really saying much except were doing all they can. We know hed been on a 4 day binge but this isnt unusal for him. Im just in complete shock. I juat hope he pulls through for our daughters sake and his families.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so very sorry for you and your daughter to be going through this. There is not much we can say here (we are not allowed to give any kind of medical advice), but I hope that your ex gets through this and changes his life.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ive hoped hed kick his demons for the last 12 years. Just wished he could see the love and help he has for him. So hard to see someone you care for completly change because of addiction.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Many thoughts and prayers for you Rcb90.

I am an alcoholic and no amount of love or punishment was going to make me stop. I wasn't ready to stop until I was ready. I had many consequences to my drinking that helped me to drink more but when I was ready to quit it was because I was sick of being sick and tired.

I hope that your loved recovers medically from this incident and decides to quit. There are many good programs that will be beneficial for him. As for you Rcb, there are family of addicts support groups that can help you understand your role in this crazy illness. Alcoholism/addiction is a family disease and sometimes helping someone isn't the answer.

God bless and many prayers for you and yours.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers and best wishes for you and your family rcb.

D
Old 02-11-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Rcb-such difficult questions HAVE to be directed to medical experts. Be careful of well intended people who say stuff like "I am sure it will be alright'.

I can say this. Your partner in hospital? Well Aug 2015, that was me- with 20%, 4th degree burns on top of it. Everything- the transfusions, dialysis, induced coma, seizures, crap liver, plus pain and heaps of scary surgical things. I lived and am doing okay now. You need to look after yourself. Make sure you talk to people- to get info about your partner but also about how you feel. Every day life carries on and you need to make sure you have support with dealing with the surreal world of the hospital and your life. A counsellor, priest, hospital chaplain (I used them). Be mindful to eat enough- keep the booze down (I am NOT saying you drink too much, but booze does not help stress), drink fluids- get rest and keep your daily routine as much as has to be done) going- taking out the rubbish, showering, washing clothes. These things will also help you keep your feet in reality and distract your stress. As to your partner- this is out of your control. Look after you.
Of course my thoughts and support go to you and my hopes for your partner.
PJ
Old 02-11-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Fingers crossed for you rcb.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Theres still no change with him and doctors are keen to take him off life support to try give his body a chance to fight.
Its the feeling of feeling helpless i struggle with and the questions i have no answer to why?. Like i cant just turn a switch and everything be normal. But i suppose "normal" is what got him here today. Ill never understand how it takes over to be your only thought and no matter what you loose nothing changes. Xx
Old 02-12-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Prayers and good thoughts, Rcb.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

continued prayers rcb

D
Old 02-17-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Today he lost his fight his body gave in and the machines were doing all the work 😭 thank you for all your kind words xx
Old 02-17-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm so terribly sorry. Such a shame.

Sending you a hug.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry rcb.

D
Old 02-17-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am so sorry.