Notices

Dave the Gerbil Weekender 10 - 12 Feb

Old 02-10-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

This is motivating that's for sure
Old 02-10-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi, weekenders... Taking a short break at work. Crazy busy week, and it is almost over!!!! Yayyy!! Going out for pizza (sans beer) with a friend this evening, then will do my grocery shopping for my weekend cooking. It will be warm here and through the weekend -- plan to do yard work, start walking again (ugh), and hang with my honey.

That is my plan and I'm sticking to it. Since my panicky distraught Monday, when we literally locked all the booze away, it has been smooth and full of gratitude for me. My weakest place is home alone. And I often work from home, alone.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Chilliedice.

Way to go Bees

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
You're such a Desperado, sao.
I may go to Crazy Golf unshaven to prove it!
Old 02-10-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Bixy, those Monday things are tough on you, huh? I don't sleep well on Sundays myself. I don't even have a job. :-|
Old 02-10-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congrats on NINE months ladyb-
Old 02-10-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Yes, LadyBlue. Congratulations!
Old 02-10-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
saoutchik

After a bad start I managed to finish runner up at crazy golf tonight, that'll do.

I met an old friend I've not seen for a while too soon it was good evening all in all. This friend once owned a micro brewery and yet never drank excessively, how is that even possible?

Hats off to the four girls waiting for a taxi when I was walking home. It is 1 maybe 2°C outside and they were all wearing fairly small dresses. Girls are made of stronger stuff than us guys!
Old 02-10-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Not this girl!

I found it was my younger two sons who were the nut jobs in my house! My middle son never wore a jacket, even in the most freezing weather! He'd go out in T-shirts! I dreaded his going to school, because I was worried that someone would report me to Chld Protective Services for negligence!
Old 02-10-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post

I met an old friend I've not seen for a while too soon it was good evening all in all. This friend once owned a micro brewery and yet never drank excessively, how is that even possible?
For him, it's possible; for us, not even remotely. It's what separates us from the rest. I can no more imagine being able to moderate than I can putting on a pair of skis and going off a ski jump.

Fortunately, when we accept that, the path grows less rocky. I hope that is helpful to our newer friends here.

Living in the solution.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm just starting it on this road, but I don't think I can ever be like normal people and just drink sensible and occasionally. Even if I manage it for a while, I know I'll slip down that slope and drink just as hard as ever.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Let me just say this. I am staying in and staying sober tonight for the first time in forever. I'm watching sports on tv, and I never notice until now just how many drinks commercials there are!?!?!?!

Drink molson, drink budweiser, drink jack daniels, drink guinness, drink captain morgan...! It's amazing there are any sober people left.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

good for you, Pete! And welcome! I honestly don't know if I "can" moderate, but I know full well that I don't.

I'm already in bed, and happy to be. Had a nice visit with a friend and got my shopping done. Going to bed sober. Must say I thought about drink for two solid hours this afternoon. But none to be had at my house, so no choices to make...and by the time I was getting ready to head to town for pizza with the friend...no more AV.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Fridays done, worked, had dinner, did the shopping and put it all away. Sittin' in bed, reading and posting, sipping on a club soda and orange juice with a shot of lemon juice.

I've tried moderating many times. It would never work. I could do it for a few days or even a week but then I'd just bounce back and drink even more. Even when moderating, I could not stop drinking everyday. Nope, I know now that the only thing I can do is not drink ever again. Alcohol that is, there are so many other tastier things to drink so I've discovered.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Yup, Friday is almost at an end. It's going to be weird to go to sleep and not pass out in a drunken stupor.

Still, looking forward to not having a hangover tomorrow.

The day is mine.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Forget moderating. ..I tried it a million times as always woke up with a hangover.
I got all my household chores and grocery shopping done this morning so I can enjoy the weekend. Going to snoop around consignment shops tomorrow. Should be fun.
good night!
Old 02-10-2017, 11:58 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

Thank you, Sao, for reaching out to me)

I've had a terrible week. I am just so lost I don't know what to do.

I will probably go and treat myself to yougurt and some fruit, chill out a little bit and then pour out all my pain here, at weekenders.

Love you all.

P.S. Sao, Tetra - any pics to sooth my spirit?)
Old 02-11-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Pete6256. Waking up hangover free is one of the best feelings. I really appreciate my mornings.

We have had a dusting of snow here although I doubt it will settle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170211_080507.jpg (40.4 KB, 31 views)
Old 02-11-2017, 12:15 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you, Sao)
Old 02-11-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good morning weekenders!

On moderation: I saw something a few years back on here that made a lot of sense to me. I can't remember the exact words but it was along the lines of " Why doesn't moderation work? Because the promise to ourselves to moderate is never made WHILE we are drinking". Also, there's a thin line between "I'll only have a few" and "&%$* it". You will never know where that line is. Plus, let's be real. Who here drank to be moderate about it? For me that was no fun, trashed was the goal. Moderation was nothing more than self torture. In finality, moderation was just another way for me to keep myself connected to the one thing that was keeping me from living the life I deserved.

So, what's up today everyone? My usual, groceries, meeting with my sponsor at noon. Then, who knows?

I do know one thing.

We had a Nor'Easter Thursday. Weather today? Snow. Weather tomorrow? Snow. Another Nor'Easter Sunday night into Monday and it looks like a possible one next Thursday too. Looks like winter is laughing at us and saying "I'm not done yet!'. On the flip side, at least we are headed towards spring.

Off and running, everyone have a great day!
Old 02-11-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

LB- your N-Easter's are the ones that cause lots of storms- off the atlantic?
Temp has dropped here from 42c (about 107F) to 24C (no idea F). Weirdly.
Doing some research b4 seeing doc. Because of the very hot last 3 days- and my script for my A- dep. had expired, I did not have my daily 1 tablet for 2 nights. I noticed my appetite has dropped, am sleeping much better and the 'numb' feeling - as if I am disconnected from my soul has lifted a bit. Not doing any cold turkey stuff, but will discuss reducing the dosage I think. Have had it tonight. Cold turkey anything is pretty dumb, it seems.