Notices

I look forward to bed time now!

Old 02-08-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I look forward to bed time now!

Sober a month tomorrow. I just thought I'd say something encouraging. Going to bed, snuggling under the covers, reading a book or Ipad for a few minutes is a real pleasure these days!
Until not very long ago I fell asleep/passed out most nights on the sofa, woke up stiff and with a headache more often than not, staggered off to bed and if I was lucky fell asleep again for a few hours, only to wake up feeling crap again.

Small stuff like this really does feel good - and I try not to take it for granted!
Old 02-08-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mentium View Post
Sober a month tomorrow. I just thought I'd say something encouraging. Going to bed, snuggling under the covers, reading a book or Ipad for a few minutes is a real pleasure these days!
Until not very long ago I fell asleep/passed out most nights on the sofa, woke up stiff and with a headache more often than not, staggered off to bed and if I was lucky fell asleep again for a few hours, only to wake up feeling crap again.

Small stuff like this really does feel good - and I try not to take it for granted!
Thats brilliant news,Mentium.Keep on doing whatever you are doing!One month into your sober jouney and you have already cracked feeling good at bed time!
Old 02-08-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Darn straight. I love my whole bedtime ritual. And then I get to wake up all refreshed (well mostly) and drink....herb tea. I'm trying to quit coffee but its not going so well. I'm drinking some now!
Old 02-08-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ha! Awesome how the little things are so much more enjoyable when sober. This made me smile. Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-08-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DOS: 08-16-2012

Thanks for sharing! For a long time I drank to forget and if I didn't pass out at night I would stay up because my head just wouldn't shut off and let me forget what I needed to fall asleep. It drove me crazy and trying to sleep was so difficult for months after stopping. Anyway, I am now able to look forward to going to bed and laying down and not having my brain going 100 miles per hour! One of the benefits that comes from finding a solution that works.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is one of the best parts of my day now. Also being able to tell when I am actually tired rather than so drunk I need to pass out. Turns out I need a significantly smaller amount of sleep than I thought I did. :/