Notices

Relapsed after 14 years on weed.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed after 14 years on weed.

I don't know where to begin. I can't seem to get my ass back to a meeting. I need help. I was able to handle smoking and then going weeks without it. But now, I cannot stop. I have so many responsibilities that I gained when I was clean and sober and now, I cannot handle all of them. I would like to go back to a meeting, and I would like to be honest with everyone in my life, but I can't. The meeting, I can do, but telling my family and friends is another thing. I do not know what to do. I have been around the rooms of AA and NA since 1991. I have relapsed in the past and always found my way back to the rooms, but that was from drinking and doing my drug of choice (Speed). Pot was really never my drug of choice. (Here my justification) Any advise would be helpful.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome KayRay

I smoked for nigh on 30 years - my advice is do whatever you have to to get this monster under control.

You'll find a lot of support here - we also have a sub forum for marijuana addiction you might want to check out as well - there's some good links at the top of that forum:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html

D
Old 02-07-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KayRay32 View Post
I do not know what to do... Pot was really never my drug of choice. (Here my justification) Any advise would be helpful.
I think that you do know what to do, but you are suggesting that there is a difference between a drug of choice and drug of non-choice (meaning of choice #2 on down), and that there is a difference between alcohol and other hedonic drugs.

No such difference exists, beyond possibly the amount of physical damage. Your addiction doesn't ultimately care too much what drug you feed it. It would prefer your favorite stuff, for sure, but any drug that gets you buzzed will do.

If you're worried about your friends and family, then don't tell them. If you're worried about getting laughed out of NA for marijuana, you could always say that you are worried about going back to drinking and meth.

Either way, get rid of the supply of marijuana, and don't buy any more. You can't smoke what you don't have on hand.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

First, thank you for your response. I know that a drug is a drug is a drug. No matter what! As an addict, I know better. I had thought to myself, if only I could just do it on special occasions. Or maybe once a month. That would be great! In the beginning, I was able to. Now I cannot go a day without it.
Just some advise to those that need it, had I of continued going to meetings and stayed active in the program, I would have never picked back up. I stopped hearing the message of recovery and I was left with myself and my husband which was already a practicing addict. I completely isolated. I stopped talking to friends and most family members. I am grateful I found this forum. Thank you guys for the advice and support.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pot was really never my drug of choice. (Here my justification) Any advise would be helpful.
It can happen -- mabye pot is your new drug of choice?
Best for you as you know to get honest in the Rooms ASAP.
Done it myself many times.
As far as telling your family at this time?
Maybe down the road?
Mountainmanbob
Old 02-08-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

The meeting, I can do
so then go do it and dont wory about the family

i too got to aa in '91 and got sober in '92 and the people in the rooms always have accepted me ...

even when ive thrown a chair at meetings twice !

they always said keep coming back which i have

get into service at the meetings!

service is the #1 contributor to my intact sobriety date

Old 02-08-2017, 09:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We're glad you're back.

Staying blown away on pot is a hard way to live.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

is there a meeting you can get to, TODAY?

because start there.... follow up to coming here, by taking action and getting to a meeting.

got any weed? flush it. just get rid of it. Start RIGHT NOW.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You don't have to be afraid to go back to the rooms and be honest. That's why AA and NA exist. No one is going to judge you. Addiction of any kind is hard thing to beat, and everyone knows how easy it is to fall back in. And by going back and being honest, you may be giving hope to someone else who is struggling with something very similar. Just my humble opinion. =)