Notices

I cant ouit drinking to save my life.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well AS. I will tell you it was for me. I did not quit drinking. I died- clinically 3 times. Plus a lot of other stuff. The are no magical cures, no quick fixes. You have to try and if it does not work- keep trying. Many in AA (or what ever) are there because despite not liking the way stuff is said or 'the god thing' - whatever- people heal. People stop drinking. Why? Because they listen to others, they do not go it alone and they push on.
Prayers.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Please keep trying. I have failed too. But there are so many people on here that thought the same thing and they have succeeded. However you can just find a way to get yourself to a doctor, to a meeting. Whatever it takes. All it takes is the willingness to try at first. Drinking just gets worse. But when you quit, you slowly get better and better. Please go talk to a dr. if you can't afford rehab that's one thing but a doctor or emerge can help you right away.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you are here and posting. Like you, I have had many Day Ones, but I now have one year and just over one month sober. SR has been the biggest part of my recovery.

The links Leigh posted are really helpful, would love to see you join us in the 24 hour thread.

Can you get in to see your doctor this week. They can help you get through withdrawals, and recommend some programs in your area.

You can do this, start with today, and make a plan to get through without alcohol.

Pop back in and let us know how you are doing.