Notices

Second Day without a drink

Old 02-07-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Sober. I was worried about you...only because I know it is too early for me to be around any party type situation. I have pretty much isolated myself until some more time goes by. Lots of parties on Sunday. One cool thing...I forgot I gave a guy money and I ended up winning 175.00! Without even being there! I find myself in quite a dilemma. One of the main things to pull off sober is changing up your life. I gradually screwed up and thought I could handle just ONE...well then it became a nightly thing again...didn't want a DUI so I started drinking alone. I joined SR back in 2010. I am not even sure when my slide back into drunken hell started. I finally pulled out of it and now am on the end of day 8. It kills me because I was doing so well. But I am very happy I found my way back. I now know I can't drink. This means I have to eventually find a whole new set of sober people...and I don't know where they even live!!! I will get it figured out. We got hit with more snow and wind...I am trying to stay happy until spring when I can start walking and doing stuff again. Ready for a road trip. I hope you can find your way to be sober. Hope to hear from you often. Posting really helps. Glad you are here!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I went and joined the February class. Also read the links about making a plan. I'm hoping I will get to start outpatient treatment soon. Will depend on the cost and whether or not they'll work with me on my job hours. Here's to day one again! Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
I went and joined the February class. Also read the links about making a plan. I'm hoping I will get to start outpatient treatment soon. Will depend on the cost and whether or not they'll work with me on my job hours. Here's to day one again! Thanks everyone for your help.
Glad to hear that you joined the February 2017 Class, Sober369!

You may want to consider stopping by the 24 Hour Recovery connection thread to make a daily commitment to sobriety. I'll post a link in a minute.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

As promised:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-208-a.html

We are here for you; lean on us; reach out before you reach for the drink; there is always someone here who cares and truly wants to see you succeed.