SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Foolish (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/404337-foolish.html)

KPForever 02-04-2017 08:59 AM

Foolish

Hi folks. I've been coming on and off these forums for a while. Haven't been on here in months though..but i'm coming back.

I had a good three months sober. What kept me off the booze was that I felt better being sober & I looked my best & I felt strong...like a had a purpose and did NOT have that feeling of impending doom...

So last weekend I went back to the bottle...a friend came from out of town..and I thought I could drink in moderation. Now i've been drinking every day since then. I feel sick. I can't even finish this message I feel like throwing up. Just wanted to say i'm back and I want the sober me back!

Delilah1 02-04-2017 09:35 AM

Welcome back KP,

Glad you are here! I have also has many Day Ones, and finally made sobriety stick with the help of this site. One of the things that helped me most was posting and reading here daily.

You should join the February of 2017 class, it helps to have others who are at the same point in recovery. Also, the 24 hour thread is a great place to check in and commit to the next 24 hours sober. It is great for daily accountability.

Looking forward to seeing you on here often, you can do this!!!

ScottFromWI 02-04-2017 10:33 AM

Welcome back KPF. "I thought I could drink in moderation again" ---I've said that before too, so have most of us. True freedom can be has if you finally accept that you cannot drink - period. Never in moderation, never even one sip- ever. I hope we can help you find that peace...what can we do?

bluedog97 02-04-2017 10:39 AM

I know it all too well. It's amazing we get some sober time under our belt, get to feeling better, and think we can handle it again. Cunning, baffling, powerful. Glad you're back.

BlissWithin 02-04-2017 11:16 AM

Hi KPForever,

I hope this time you can get sober for good. :)

KatSienna 02-04-2017 11:33 AM

Welcome back! We understand you. Drink in moderation is also something I can't do.

Check out the 24 hour thread. Good place to commit, at least it works for me.

August252015 02-04-2017 11:50 AM

Glad to see you back- I remember you from before. I hope you are making a plan to make things stick this time.

Lots of options for support on SR!

KPForever 02-04-2017 12:03 PM

Thanks for the support. I am feeling physically better than this morning. I've been reflecting on what I want my life to be like and there are so many people & things I can lose if i drink.
Back to my plan but of course tweaking it so I don't fall off the wagon.

Steely 02-04-2017 12:06 PM

Welcome back and yes, I've done the same. It'll be good to return to that strong, looking good, purposeful version of yourself. Impending doom, gone. :)

Congratulations on making a really smart move.

Dee74 02-04-2017 03:09 PM

Welcome back :)

Running into our old life is often a hurdle many of us don't clear the first time.

What do you think you need to do differently this time?

D