Notices

Don't allow excuses to hold you back

Old 01-24-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't allow excuses to hold you back

The biggest obstacle that we all face when we are first getting sober and working on creating a solid and reliable recovery plan is the excuses that we tell ourselves.

I am bored
I'll do it tomorrow
My life is too stressful right now
I want to enjoy the summer/holidays
I don't want to stop right now... this isn't the right time.
If I cut back then I'll be fine
I am not able to get sober, it is possible for you but not me
Everyone does it these days
Drugs aren't ruining my life
I am not as bad as others
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

There are ENDLESS excuses that we tell ourselves in order to avoid accepting that we are addicts and to avoid taking the first step towards recovery. EVERYONE is capable of finding recovery, there is no one in this universe that is incapable to finding recovery if they put their all into and fight for the life they deserve. As our loves one's say, actions are what count not words. If you put as much dedication and work towards getting sober as you do getting drugs then you will find that recovery is waiting just over the hill and all you have to do is start to climb.

The only thing holding you back from finding recovery is YOURSELF. We are our worst enemy.

You know what the "secret" is to getting sober? To fight fight FIGHT for the life you deserve. To move forward not matter what the situation and to no matter what NEVER stop fighting for yourself. No matter what is going on in your life.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've heard it said it's never a good time to quit - there will always be another party or a rough day to rationalise another drink over.

I also believe that best time to plant a tree is 30 years ago, but the second best time is today

Thanks Adeline

D
Old 01-24-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, there is always a reason to put off stopping drinking, but today could be just the day.