Notices

"It's a little early isn't it?"

Old 01-24-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"It's a little early isn't it?"

One of my partners just stopped by my place and picked up a bottle of vodka on the way for golf,for himself( EVERYONE in my close circle knows I'm done drinking), and the cashier asked him that.. I just laughed and said I've been there. Anyways...Off to golf,sober,for the day.. Hope all is well with you guy's..
Old 01-24-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ha! Been there. And get to hear comments (usually someone rhetorically asking themselves) at the restaurant where I work.....I just smile.

Enjoy your day!
Old 01-24-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have fun golfing! Hope you are the designated driver.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Golfing sounds great right now. Ahhh, the ole' morning drinking...what was once a novelty turned into a sign that I was in serious trouble. Don't miss it.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had the opposite experience. I knew I was approaching rock bottom when the sketchy checkout clerk took me aside at 8:30 a.m. one fine weekday morning and pointed out a new brand of beer that had an alcohol content that would "kick [my] ass." I felt like I was barely a step above being homeless at that point. But I still didn't get sober for another six months or so. That's how bad this addiction is.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I had the opposite experience. I knew I was approaching rock bottom when the sketchy checkout clerk took me aside at 8:30 a.m. one fine weekday morning and pointed out a new brand of beer that had an alcohol content that would "kick [my] ass." I felt like I was barely a step above being homeless at that point. But I still didn't get sober for another six months or so. That's how bad this addiction is.
That was pretty much my "bottom"..Step above homeless..not for lack of funds but, lack of caring.

Had a great sober day at the links! Now I'm going to grill up some burgers,chicken and go to my late meeting.. We laughed all day about the "little early isn't it?" today.. missed putt="little early?", poor drive="little early?",ect..
Old 01-24-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Been there Onthetiles. It's pretty embarrassing buying beer at 7Am on a weekday. The sketchy looks from other patrons. When it's that early, no one asks you this question I think bc they realize you're too far gone.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

" It's pretty embarrassing buying beer at 7Am on a weekday. "

It's even more loverly on a Sunday.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So cringe. Buying beer at 8:00 a.m. On a weekday. Being conspiratorily taken aside and told by the alcoholic clerk about a new beer in stock with a higher alcohol content. I can't believe I sank that low. Now when I drive by that place I flip it off.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Enjoy your golf Don'tRemember.

For me golf and drinking went hand in hand and then it got out of hand.

Even more embarrassing than buying booze at 7am was buying booze at 7am but thinking it was 7pm and wondering why it was so quiet