Notices

Day 23

Old 01-24-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 23

As I enter day 23 I am grateful for support of family.. and friends gained from this site and AA..I went to my 2nd meeting last night..and have had contact through text with a girl I met at first meeting..she very encouraging and gained another support person last night's meeting.. last couple of days..alcohol has been popping into my thoughts...and it frustrates me...I push it out and dismiss it but why I've done so good with it..and now it popps in? I will fight this..I will stay sober.. I need this for my family and myself..I do feel better these days..which was kinda funny.. because last night when I told the lady what day I was on she said,(ohh ya your probably not feeling so good yet)..but I see much improvement already..so if I'm going to feel even better if can't wait!!..small steps and pushing forward😆
Old 01-24-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 23. Yeah, early days and you probably will continue to feel better.

Drinking is off the table for me today. But that doesn't mean I'm cured, won't have thoughts or feelings around alcohol. I accept that that is what my brain does. But I don't have to act on them, connect to them or give them power. I can see them as 'I'd really like some french fries' while driving by a fast food place but I won't get any. I don't even have thoughts about 'wanting' a drink. I just have thoughts of alcohol now and again. Could be prompted by something on TV, something here, something in AA, something I'm feeling about the past, something I'm feeling physically (hunger for example). It just is.....as so many thoughts just are. I don't have to give them power. I tend to notice alcohol thoughts more (for obvious reasons) but if I'm mindful I notice all kinds of random thoughts that I don't act on.

I try to pray (that's a discipline for me....still practicing) go to meetings, meet with my sponsor. If I stay physically well and spiritually 'fit' the thoughts are very infrequent.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

great job on 23 days

for me staying sober means following direction in aa and doing service like the old timers told me to

coffee maker
secretary
greeter
clean up
chips/ literature
sponsorship

any many more

Old 01-24-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Michbish

D