Notices

the beauty in life

Old 01-21-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the beauty in life

Hi folks. I'm proud to say I've been sober for 2 weeks. Its the longest I've been sober in yearssss. I feel so happy to wake up and see the beautiful mornings. We have had a wide variety of weather from a 70 degree day in Jan to an ice storm to rain and excessive fog. And I've seen the beauty of it all. The house is full of kids sleepovers and puppys (were puppy sitting lol) the weather today is lovely and warm and I plan on taking full advantage by going hiking in a state park with my family. Some things I have done differently this time...i have been stayin away from friendships that are not conducive to my lifestyle changes.but I didn't tell them I stopped drinking BC I feel like when I say that they try harder to get me to hang out. (misery loves company right?) I've just "been really busy" which isn't a lie. I actually am. I'm busy living and not drinking. I also took down my fb page and started a new one with just my real friends who I want to stay in touch with and who are positive people. Its odd but I don't think we realize who much negative crap is on social media. Ivebeen doing my gratitude list which even if ur drinking I suggest u do BC it has really opened my eyes to how many wonderful things are really in my life. Thanku to anyone who reads this long post. And thanku to SR u have no idea how much this site is helping me.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

GREAT post, winniegirl! Thanks for sharing details of what you are doing different. Beautiful.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi
I also deactivated my FB page because I didn't want to see the negativity that seems to plague it these days. I think doing this has really helped in my maintaining sobriety, 73 days and going strong. The first few weeks it felt like I was breaking 2 habits, ky auto pilot would go to open the FB app on my phone, but now I rarely think about it and I certainly don't miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 01-21-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 2 weeks winniegirl

D
Old 01-21-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 01-22-2017, 01:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 weeks ☺
I too rarely use Facebook now. Too many folk just bragging about themselves almost like it's all just a big competition. Would rather read SR instead. So much more rewarding with terrific support ☺☺