Notices

Bananas Drunk Files

Old 01-20-2017, 10:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bananas Drunk Files

Today my husband asked if we were going to a friend's wedding next month. I said yes of course, I love weddings. He said you love drinking at weddings. He was so right. I always thought I loved weddings and didn't like baby showers or kids parties. Now I realize those feelings were directly related to whether or not an event had alcohol. Just another shameful realization from what I am now referring to as The Drunk Files.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Totally understand that! I always loved weddings too but hello it was always because I knew it was an excuse to drink and drink a lot and have it be acceptable!
Old 01-21-2017, 01:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know what you mean.

However. I have also now been to a couple of weddings sober, and could appreciate so much more the privilege of being with treasures friends for the day of their lives that they will never forget. I was so much more moved about the wedding itself when I wasn't chomping at the but to get to the bar (or, to be honest, dying for a pee because I'd already been drinking). Not to mention the weddings that I didn't get to because once at the bar, that's where I stayed *cringe*.
Admittedly, I'm no longer the last one standing for the evening shenanigans. I quietly slip off once everything starts getting a bit messy, if it's that kind of wedding. But I definitely noticed at the couple I went to sober - there's loads of other sober (or almost sober) people there. Who'd have thunk it??! I just thought everyone was drinking loads! Oop.

Enjoy the wedding. Perhaps there are some little jobs she'd appreciate some help with in the lead up to, and during, the big day. Being involved and busy may help you cope with your first sober wedding.

BB
Old 01-21-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
But I definitely noticed at the couple I went to sober - there's loads of other sober (or almost sober) people there. Who'd have thunk it??! I just thought everyone was drinking

BB
I knowwwww exactly what you mean. I always thought everyone at Christmas was drunk. This Christmas i saw maybe 3 drinkers. It's so weird how I assumed everyone was wasted just because I was.