Notices

Deeply, deeply depressed

Old 01-21-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm pleased too that this thread took a positive turn. I dhare your sentiments Bill but I also share those others who said we can get through this. I too very much enjoy teading your posts
Old 01-21-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Bill, look at the millions & millions protesting today (all over the world!) & know that not only are you not alone, but that there is much work to be done with our energy. From protest to political action to trying to just make things better for individual human beings & whole groups of humans who are about to lose possibilities & potentials.

It is hard not to grow downcast when we see the cruelty & wrong intentions in the world, but we can respond by pulling away or by throwing ourselves into the fray.

All great positive changes begin with the recognition of the need for change.

That can be applied to ourselves or to the world at large.

I send a cyber-hug. You are part of this community & your presence here is valued...
Old 01-21-2017, 11:16 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Old 01-21-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

You're "deeply depressed" over a political situation in a 1st world country? Please don't ever say you're depressed again, that's a slap to the face to those who feel heavy minded day in and day out, those whom deal with freight trains of mental pain daily.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OfEpiphany View Post
You're "deeply depressed" over a political situation in a 1st world country? Please don't ever say you're depressed again, that's a slap to the face to those who feel heavy minded day in and day out, those whom deal with freight trains of mental pain daily.
Respectfully, you're qualified only to speak of your own mental state, no one else's. Maybe walk a mile in Bill's shoes before you say his feelings aren't valid. We all have a right to feel what we feel, OfEpiphany. We don't need permission.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

OfEpiphany, I'm sure that no one intended to hurt your feelings. I'm sorry for your pain and wonder if there's a thread here for you to get some support? I'm sending good thoughts your way tonight for your burdens to ease. I do caution you about judging someone else's troubles since one really doesn't know.

Hugs to you OfEpiphany!
Old 01-22-2017, 12:35 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Bill, I share your concerns, and validate your feelings. I don't know if it's going to be "ok", but I trust that your spirit and kindness will help you face what's potentially negative. Yesterday was bad. Today's march was amazingly inspiring. There are people, lots of them, who feel like you! There are many on this site who treasure you, and that counts! Rather than isolate, please jump in to make new friends here. I don't know about your dog ��
Old 01-22-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
Respectfully, you're qualified only to speak of your own mental state, no one else's. Maybe walk a mile in Bill's shoes before you say his feelings aren't valid. We all have a right to feel what we feel, OfEpiphany. We don't need permission.
I clearly read his post, and the indications made about a president we have. I'm qualified to speak for anyone who actually feels massive, perpetual depression affecting their personal lives and brains, not being "deeply depressed" because of a specific president (that will do a good job) who got elected. I speak for those who constantly struggle with debilitating withdrawals and hopelessness within the very core of their beings.

I'll walk 100 miles in Bill's shoes, and would never say such a ridiculous thing. I would never say I am deeply, deeply depressed because of Trump being elected, I would agree with the author's original post if Rodrigo Duerte was our president though.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:52 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JK130 View Post
OfEpiphany, I'm sure that no one intended to hurt your feelings. I'm sorry for your pain and wonder if there's a thread here for you to get some support? I'm sending good thoughts your way tonight for your burdens to ease. I do caution you about judging someone else's troubles since one really doesn't know.

Hugs to you OfEpiphany!
No one is hurting my feelings, I'm just speaking some truth. And the truth hurts sometimes. When a person is that far down in the hole, they think about death, not about politics. If you were deeply depressed, you wouldn't even care about politics. So Bill, what are you Really depressed for?
Old 01-22-2017, 01:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel really sad that politics is so divisive right now on these boards.

It's never been this way here before - and I've been here since George W Bush.

It seems to me sometimes lately that it's like everyone wants to share their opinion, while also stopping everyone else from sharing a different opinion.

That's not the way SR works, at least not the way I remember it..

Dee
SR
Old 01-22-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberandhonest View Post
Geeze, for a thread about depression, this sure took an extraordinarily positive turn! I like it.
How about

"It isn't raining' rain ya know!
It's rainin' violets!"

But, if there any complaints I'll see what I can do to think up something really gloomy to contribute. There's some fog out there this morning and I'll go over to the graveyard to think it over. Have a nice lot facing southeast!

W.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Love and goodnight Bill.
And good morning as well.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

If it makes you feel better know that I am also deeply, deeply depressed about the political situation in the US. You are not alone.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
quat

One can hope that the loud voices rising to speak truth to power will be heard in the halls of power.
One wonders though if they are loud enough to reach:, Riyadh, Beijing, Tehran, Moscow did you hear the chants the pop stars are leading ?
Old 01-22-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Dee74;6301567]I feel really sad that politics is so divisive right now on these boards.

It's never been this way here before - and I've been here since George W Bush.

It seems to me sometimes lately that it's like everyone wants to share their opinion, while also stopping everyone else from sharing a different opinion.

That's not the way SR works, at least not the way I remember it..

Thanks Dee. As you must have seen, I was able to get over my depression and get on with it. Now that I have read so many negative comments of a personal nature on this website, I fear my depression will return.
Accordingly, in disappointment and to preclude the threat of returning sadness, I respectfully request that you close this thread. Apparently it has irritated just as many, hopefully not more, than it might have helped.
Thank you, Dee, for your kind support, as always.

Bill
Old 01-22-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I clearly read his post, and the indications made about a president we have. I'm qualified to speak for anyone who actually feels massive, perpetual depression affecting their personal lives and brains, not being "deeply depressed" because of a specific president (that will do a good job) who got elected. I speak for those who constantly struggle with debilitating withdrawals and hopelessness within the very core of their beings.
I've been deeply depressed (and it was massive and perpetual) and have attempted suicide. I've been locked up in a psych ward. I've been through hours and hours of therapy. I've been through debilitating withdrawals and had to be put on medication so I wouldn't go into seizures. So, yeah, I've been deeply, deeply depressed.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you should absolutely voice it and share your experience, but you do not speak for me.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by the OP, and am glad he's speaking out about his feelings. He has my full support.

I wish you well and hope that if you're suffering from depression now, that you will recover. There is hope for recovering from both alcoholism and depression.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

For your information I doubt that I will ever say anything to you or to anyone else on this website. So don't worry about my troubling you with depression. You are not the only one who has been alcoholic, who may have gone through living hell for forty years. From now on I shall use this website for private messages only where I have some discretion not to read them. The ball's in your court from now on folks.

W.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think this will be the last warning to keep politics out, completely out of this thread, or it will be closed. I hope that you will continue to support Bill as he struggles with depression.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

wpainterw--I hope you won't leave. I don't post here very often (it's hard on my hands to type, so I mostly read), but I know you are valued. Please don't run away from support.

I just wanted to let you know I care.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CupofJoe View Post
wpainterw--I hope you won't leave. I don't post here very often (it's hard on my hands to type, so I mostly read), but I know you are valued. Please don't run away from support.

I just wanted to let you know I care.
"Run away from support"? You call that "support"? I can only quote Dorothy Parker, "What fresh hell is this?"