Notices

Deeply, deeply depressed

Old 01-20-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Dearest Bill,

There have been times in the past few months that I was so down, or lost, or sick that I became extremely dejected. Occasionally I felt hopeless. But the love here....friends like you.....always helped me to find my way again.

Cuddle your beautiful dog....he loves you so much.
And think of all of us hugging you tight, because you mean so very much to us.

S xx
Old 01-20-2017, 08:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you stick around too Bill.
We're all in this together

D
Old 01-20-2017, 10:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Bill,

I hope you stick around as well. I enjoy seeing you on here.

❤️Delilah
Old 01-20-2017, 11:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Bill, I am sorry you are feeling this way, I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but many other people are feeling depressed and fearful of what the future holds. Stick with us, we are here to support you.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Bill, sorry you're feeling depressed.

I know when I have any problems or thoughts, I come here to my friends. Things I couldn't say out loud I can speak with my SR friends freely.

Take care of yourself and know you'll be missed by everyone here if you keep away.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I sympathize, Bill...I feel the same. All I can do at the moment is to try to keep the old serenity prayer in my thoughts; let me do all I can do to change the things I can change, accept the things I can't change and let me have the wisdom to see the difference.

Ultimately I have to cling to the belief that love with triumph over hate, that we will endure...together.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

(((MOS))) ♥

Sending you so much love.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

I hope you stick with the community Bill. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts
Old 01-21-2017, 12:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Bill. I know what you mean. It is easy to feel hopeless in the face of world events. Especially in an age when media seems to thrust that message of hopeless at us from every angle.

On Christmas day just gone, I volunteered to help with a lunch organised for people who would have been alone that day, and maybe couldn't even afford a lunch. I did this for completely selfish reasons, as my partner had every intention of devoting Christmas day to the pub and to drinking. I knew I'd be lonelier there with him than on my own, or keeping busy. There were about 150 people there. And so, so many volunteers. People from all ages and backgrounds. We did not discuss politics, but I have no doubt that if we had, there would have been as range of views and stances represented there. Yet, there we all stood. Together. Working for the same aim. That room was full of compassion and love. I gave just a few hours and in return recieved a gift I would never have expected. Faith in humanity. Those small acts of human kindness. The warmth and love.

There were no news reporters there that day. They were probably seeking doom and gloom elsewhere. But I was witness to it and will treasure that memory and hold it as a shield against the media doom-mongering that is so prevalent today.

I have turned off my TV and radio today. I will focus on gratitude and being in today. After all. Most of the fears that led me puppet-like through life never actually materialised, yet because I let those fears live in me, they had the same power over me as if they really had happened. If things happen, I'll deal with them then. For now, I choose to Live.

I really do hope you feel better today. Why not go somewhere that your faith in humanity can be restored. I suspect that there will be something happening not too far from where you are now that can do that. No doubt they would be very happy to let you be part of it as well.

Wishing you all the best for your recovery and serenity x
Old 01-21-2017, 01:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

(((Berry))) ♥

That is one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read.
You are a very special soul, and a wonderful power of example.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
(((Berry))) ♥

That is one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read.
You are a very special soul, and a wonderful power of example.
Oh. *blush*
Thanks VC. Lol. I do struggle with compliments, but thankyou very much. You're a pretty special soul yourself you know xx
Old 01-21-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Dearest Suze:
Your wonderful message means so much to me! So very much. I have been so very worried that somehow I might have made you unhappy. Whatever happens I shall always, always be here for you. Nothing can ever change my affection for you and for Nick. The both of you come first in my heart and I hope that you and yours will be happy forever.

Fondly

Bill.

Dearest Bill,

There have been times in the past few months that I was so down, or lost, or sick that I became extremely dejected. Occasionally I felt hopeless. But the love here....friends like you.....always helped me to find my way again.

Cuddle your beautiful dog....he loves you so much.
And think of all of us hugging you tight, because you mean so very much to us.

S xx
Old 01-21-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Never Bill ~ you have been wonderful to me, Every step. And it was I who inadvertently let you down......I will be back there very soon (I will PM), and finally coming to see you is something I am longing to do.

And when Nick has free time, we will both come.
You are going to be sick of me before you know it!

I have also been having a very rough time emotionally since I got back here.
I have been alone (my sisters abandoned me and took the rest of my family with them), and it was crazy hard being without Nick. And I got sick again, and I just didn't cope.

Somehow through all of this mess, 7 weeks have passed, and the fear and sadness I was experiencing are dissipating. I fought through, with Nick's help, and the help of people here. I took a long time to reach out though....very silly of me.

You mean the world to me, and I hope you can start to feel better.
And I am going to be here with you love, every step of the way.

We all care about you very much.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Mera! Thanks so much for your message. I have admired you so much as you continue to deal so courageously with all the challenges always present in recovery. I hope you and your kids are having a wonderful visit to this country. I wish i could visit Italy again, since Italy and the Italians are among my very favorites. The places I liked best were Assisi (in the evening after the tour buses leave, looking west over the valley below), Venice (the fewer tourists (except for me!) the better), Botticelli's "Magnificat" (Uffizi), the Michelangelo sculptures, all of Rome and especially Keats' grave in the evening, Positano and Amalfi, Ravenna, Cortina d'Ampezzo in the off season (summer), Lake Como and the Fra Angelico frescos in Florence.

Fondly

Bill

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Bill, I am sorry you are feeling this way, I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but many other people are feeling depressed and fearful of what the future holds. Stick with us, we are here to support you.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Never Bill ~ you have been wonderful to me, Every step. And it was I who inadvertently let you down......I will be back there very soon (I will PM), and finally coming to see you is something I am longing to do.

And when Nick has free time, we will both come.
You are going to be sick of me before you know it!

I have also been having a very rough time emotionally since I got back here.
I have been alone (my sisters abandoned me and took the rest of my family with them), and it was crazy hard being without Nick. And I got sick again, and I just didn't cope.

Somehow through all of this mess, 7 weeks have passed, and the fear and sadness I was experiencing are dissipating. I fought through, with Nick's help, and the help of people here. I took a long time to reach out though....very silly of me.

You mean the world to me, and I hope you can start to feel better.
And I am going to be here with you love, every step of the way.

We all care about you very much.
Suze: This means more to me than I can say! I feel now as if the sun has begun to shine on me! Do begin now to smile, to laugh once more! Perhaps to find another cat to take care of you! Nick comes first in your life. Then perhaps the cat! Please tell him I said so. Right after I was married we took a photo of my wife holding our first child, a cat. I hope I came first then but my problem is that now it's the dog and he sits on my lap continuously. So she worries. It just shows that everyone has to keep on their toes! As Al Jolson used to say, "Everyone wants ta get into de act!"

Fondly

Bill
Old 01-21-2017, 02:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh yes....we are getting a cat. A black one maybe, like Venus.
I have already named her: Willow.

And yes I am smiling, and hearing you smiling is making me very happy!!!
Old 01-21-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Suze! And good morning where you are! Sent you a P.M. Glad to hear about the smile. Keep getting weller and weller!
Yes, a cat is essential! Black. "Willow" is a fine name. An alternative would of course be "Obamacat". I liked that man, respected him. He did his best. I always said to my son and to myself, "The only thing to do is make sure you get out of Washington alive!" I did and he did. And I say, "Richard, stay in Minnesota". I'm sure he will. ("And make sure your dog stays there too" (his enormous dog frightens my little dog))
Walk on the beach. Feel better and better. Smile!:c011

Oh yes....we are getting a cat. A black one maybe, like Venus.
I have already named her: Willow.

And yes I am smiling, and hearing you smiling is making me very happy!!!
Old 01-21-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Bill, sending you hugs. Take joy in your dog and your wife. Have faith. We will get thru this.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Venuscat wrote: "And yes I am smiling, and hearing you smiling is making me very happy!!!

Was it Louis Armstrong who sang:

When you smilin', when you smilin
The whole world smiles with you.
Yes when you laughin' oh when you laughin'
The sun comes shinin through.

W.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Geeze, for a thread about depression, this sure took an extraordinarily positive turn! I like it.