Notices

19 days (again)

Old 01-27-2017, 08:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Old 01-27-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It really helped me on the weekends to have a plan. Have recipe's layed out, tv shows recorded, church, veg out on netflix. I could wake up wth absolutely zero intention to drink, but if I was out and about at the store for groceries, I'd spur of the moment not be able to fight a craving and be drinking that night. Now I am sure to go to the store on a non weekend night. I would also make sure I was stocked up on everything so that I did not need to leave for the weekend.

Earlier bedtimes are also helpful. Night time was when I drank, it's nice to wake up feeling rested and refreshed!
Old 01-28-2017, 04:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Changing

i'm again with weekend sober plans and family and friends who know will be around me at this time. i need to take it really one day at a time. a previous poster mentioned this but i was out last weekend food shopping when the craving hit, i was in the liquor store 10 minutes later. i think if i had been home, it would have passed. i think i need to stay home for a while. or sober meetings, church. i'll order groceries on line perhaps.....
Old 01-28-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My advice. Keep trying. I had many day 19s. I think every day sober helps you. In the end it still boils down to, stay sober today. Don't drink for the next hour. I say this, and I've been sober for almost 15 months. Some days the only priority is to not drink. And you might feel like your life is stalled, but by accomplishing that one thing you're moving forward. You can do this, and you deserve sobriety.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiffanyeagle View Post
i'm again with weekend sober plans and family and friends who know will be around me at this time. i need to take it really one day at a time. a previous poster mentioned this but i was out last weekend food shopping when the craving hit, i was in the liquor store 10 minutes later. i think if i had been home, it would have passed. i think i need to stay home for a while. or sober meetings, church. i'll order groceries on line perhaps.....
Excellent ideas! I stayed close to home and pretty much only around my parents when I was out of the house, for a number of weeks (5 or 6, about). I didn't go into the grocery alone- or one of my parents was in the car for when I got done, since they drove me around- so by only taking my wallet in I had nowhere to hide wine, for example....I went to about 82 mtgs in 90 days since I chose AA as my program....I took care of myself and read a lot, slept a lot, watched TV (realized later I half-concentrated on lots of shows when I re-watched! that's fine).

You can do this. Whatever it takes- you need to want to be sober more than you want to drink- I promise you it is so much better if you stay on this side. Really. I'd trade my worst day now (at 340 days) for my "best" day drinking.

Good luck.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Changing

day 4. in aa this time. meeting some good people there and reading awesome stuff here. i don't want to die an alcoholic death. i want to live and i want my brain back. i can't remember anything. i just know to do the basics and don't drink. is this a brain disorder or a disease.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Tiffany, sure sounds like we are off the same 2017. We can do this though. At least we know how to get thru the first couple of weeks.