Notices

Dreams, documentaries, and day 52

Old 01-19-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams, documentaries, and day 52

52 days sober today. I finally watched the doc on HBO Risky Drinking. It was eye opening for sure. The stories of course were moving but not shocking, I've been 8n most of their shoes besides the last guy. What shocked me were the statistics. 80% of americans that quit drinking don't make it a whole year without relapse. 80%! I made it my goal then and there to not be within that 80%.
I've also been having dreams. A lot of scary dreams. The other night I dreamt that I was wasted. I woke up expecting a hangover. I was thankful I didnt have one, but I was really shaken by it. Almost like when you dream your husband cheated on you and you wake up mad at him haha.
Anyways, checking in here keeps me on the straight and narrow, so please comment because I love interacting here. What kind of crazy dreams do you all have?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I've had drinking dreams ,
they are scarry and it's a relief to wake up sober .

They are not, in my experience anything to do with a relapse .. just our overactive minds spinning ideas maybe ..

I sleep very well nowadays after some time sober, maybe you'll find the same.

keep on .
Old 01-20-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Funny you asked. Last night I had a dream my dog ran from me and dived into the back of one of those trash trucks and got compacted. I got him out and to the vet and he was OK, just sore. Oh, and congrats on 52 days sober!
Old 01-20-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you!. That is a crazy dream. It is a good feeling to wake up and realize it didnt happen, isnt it?