SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 3 - so tired (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/403613-day-3-so-tired.html)

Beingsober 01-19-2017 08:10 AM

Day 3 - so tired

Last week, I quit for a week and then drank 3/4 a bottle of wine. I didn't think it was that much but another person disagreed with me.

During that week, I woke up repeatedly at night, had night sweats and constant anxiety.

This week I'm not having the sweats anymore but I still can't sleep through the night. When I do sleep, I have stressful dreams.

I'm just so tired and I'm not sure when I'm going to feel normal again.

columbus 01-19-2017 08:14 AM

"I'm just so tired and I'm not sure when I'm going to feel normal again. "

Keep on the path, eat a healthy diet, and you'll find out. It comes in its own time but it comes (if you stay on the path).

Mentium 01-19-2017 08:26 AM

I had a pretty crap few days. At day 8 today and the fog is clearing and I'm beginning to feel like 'normal' might be an option at some point soon (whatever that is)! How you are feeling now is temporary - honest!

Ina123 01-19-2017 08:56 AM

You've made it to day 3 - keep going! On day 19 here and I can tell you, it gets so much better. The first week is hard, and I had the same problems...sweats at first and then unable to sleep, but don't give up, you'll get through it and soon be able to sleep through the night. Also, 3/4 of a bottle of wine will seem like a different amount to everyone. It used to never seem like much to me...but then again a full bottle was never enough....Soon 2 bottles seemed like a normal amount. I know now that was my addiction rationalizing my drinking.
Like, Mentium said, this feeling you are experiencing is temporary and will pass:)
You can do this! One day at a time:)

Anna 01-19-2017 09:18 AM

I think you will continue to feel better as you move along in your recovery. Day 3 is fantastic.

Avra 01-19-2017 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Beingsober (Post 6297403)
Last week, I quit for a week and then drank 3/4 a bottle of wine. I didn't think it was that much but another person disagreed with me.

During that week, I woke up repeatedly at night, had night sweats and constant anxiety.

This week I'm not having the sweats anymore but I still can't sleep through the night. When I do sleep, I have stressful dreams.

I'm just so tired and I'm not sure when I'm going to feel normal again.

My first month or so my sleep patterns were off. I was used to sleeping it off And i think my body had to adjust to faling asleep normally. I improved alot after first month or so.

Michael66 01-19-2017 11:57 AM

Day 20 for me and my sleep is dreadful. I'm exhausted. But I know this will pass and it will be worth it. We only have to do this once. One day at a time....

Dee74 01-19-2017 03:16 PM

My sleep went from nothing to a little and then back to normal settings in about 10 days - I hope you'll find the same BeingSober - welcome aboard :)

D

Chifan7 01-19-2017 07:24 PM

Sleep was difficult for me until about Day 10. I was Tired AF before starting to feel normal again. It's worth it, though, keep plugging along!

waywardson8260 01-20-2017 04:14 AM

Welcome! It does get better with time with the sleep patterns as your body adjusts to being sober..

january161992 01-20-2017 10:21 AM

hi beingsober

how are you today?

Beingsober 01-20-2017 01:14 PM

Hi, I'm okay. It's day 4. It's Friday. An I really want to drink tonight. The day has been fine. Nothing has happened. I'm just ready to check out.

Cassandralee 01-20-2017 01:35 PM

Hi Beingsober, I know that feeling, I've just made it through Friday and woken up Saturday morning and so glad I didn't decide to say FTW and just numb myself out as I usually would. Keep reading here and posting. It's helped me.

Gr8ful22 01-20-2017 04:00 PM

Beingsober, you got this. Waking up on day 5 with a clear head will be rewarding. Keep checking in.