Notices

Day 2

Old 01-17-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

It's day 2 and I am still hung over. Wow. My husband is giving me the silent treatment after saying some ugly things to him when he backed me in the corner when I was drinking. I am finding more bruises and soreness from an apparent fall I took. Contemplating my next move. I haven't talked with my husband yet and have to figure out how to broach the subject. I have so many things running through my mind, but the one that keeps in the for-front is the word scared. In a nut shell that is what I am. I am scared that I won't be able to do this. I've tried so many times before and have failed. It has to stick this time, or I'll be in a world of hurt. Even worse than I am now.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

From another thread:

"This is not the life I was born to live. "
Old 01-17-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Elliemae! It is my day 2 too. I hope you had a good sleep. I'm really scared too. I've never made a try like this before, with no end date in mind. I'm trying not to think about it too much, while ironically creeping SR all day
Good luck. I had a rumble of excitement about this in my belly this morning instead of the usual dread and voice telling me it's impossible. I'll keep an eye out for you on here and we can do it on day at a time together.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2 today as well. A little bit in a dark place as the poison is still making me feel crud, though a lot better than waking up to drink a glass of water and throwing up all over the kitchen floor because I couldn't find the sink.

*hugs* Ellie.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day two as well. You've got this.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

EllieMae, Ohme, HunterZJ8, sobersoltice..looks like a lot of day 2 people today! My prayers are with you. Just take it one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Plenty of support on SR if you need it.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

hi elliemay

fear has always been my problem too

selfish self centered fear is why i drank isolated by myself with the drapes closed

great demonstration of courage by posting

God bless

Old 01-17-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 2 is fantastic Elliemae!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's crazy so many people on day 2! OK, well today it's day 3! Yay! Let's try and meet on chat at some point...Thanks for all the encouraging words to all of you. It really does help. Drinking has been such a huge part of my life, I am at a loss as to what to do without it. I (binge) drink when I am Happy, Sad, just because, and when I'm mad. I don't binge all the time when I drink, but it starts heating up the longer I'm off the wagon, and then something like 2 blackouts in one week happen. It's crazy! Did I tell you that I'm a closet drinker too? Yes, I'm multi-talented. Not many people know about my issue. I'm not positive my husband who lives with me knows. If he does, he doesn't lead on that he knows.....kinda scary how good I am at this. But, it's gotta stop! 3 days today, no cravings, or issues. Let's keep going together!