Notices

Can't wake up

Old 01-13-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't wake up

I am sleeping like I was drugged! I have to be up @ 5:45 and I can barely function to hit snooze. Holy moly! I was expecting to wake up like a bolt of lightning and feel energized. What is going on? I am reading some interesting stuff about my brain making changes for the first month or two. But geez! When will I feel like a human upon waking?
Old 01-13-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Takes time Jenny. Day 5 right? I've read posts from people who are tired for a while. I myself was all over the place for the first 30 days.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering

Originally Posted by Jennychesh View Post
I am sleeping like I was drugged! I have to be up @ 5:45 and I can barely function to hit snooze. Holy moly! I was expecting to wake up like a bolt of lightning and feel energized. What is going on? I am reading some interesting stuff about my brain making changes for the first month or two. But geez! When will I feel like a human upon waking?
Yeah, it doesn't seem fair does it - give up the booze and energy levels actually drop for many of us for a while. You're not alone.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I had the same experience. Your body and brain are healing. It took a while for my energy level to get back to normal. If you need to sleep, sleep. Go to bed super early if you need to. There's nothing wrong with you, it's normal. Can't give you a timeline - it's different for everyone. Don't lose hope - it will get better.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Once your body has had enought rest you will be 'a bolt of lightening' again! Good advice to get to bed early especially if you can sleep thru the night. I drink a calming tea at about 7:30pm and sleep until morning. I am up and "at 'em"! You will be fine at about 10 days. Be kind to yourself. It will happen!!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm about 23 days sober and still very tired , it will take time . I look at it positively in that when i,m sleeping i,m healing .
Old 01-13-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Jenny. I feel that way many mornings and i am close to three months sober. Not a surprise ad we deprive ourselves of good quality sleep for so long! Its early days.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I was about two months in before the energy started slowly returning. But boy I sure enjoyed the long deep sleeps after many years of rarely getting a full night....
Old 01-13-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am almost 4 weeks sober and cannot get enough sleep. I am tired all day. I force myself to go to the gym for energy. I am hoping I get past this soon as well.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm approaching seven months and I would say I am really starting to get into a good steady sleep pattern. Insomnia is gone for the most part . Go to bed early sleep great and up before daylight. After six hours of sleep I feel great. It will all start to normalize for you too it just takes time
Old 01-13-2017, 09:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Very normal sign of detox.. Once we stop putting toxins into our body it has a chance to release all the excess toxins that are stored that it couldnt deal with before & this can make us sick, tired & lethargic until we are readjusted, its called a 'healing crisis'.. Coupled with the body withdrawing & trying to reset the neurotransmitters & receptors it can make a tough time for awhile, plus the body is finally having a chance to catch up on sleep..
Old 01-13-2017, 10:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me at least 30 days to find energy again too.
I underestimated the amount of years I'd been drinking and what a physical and emotional toll that took.

Things got better tho, eventually...I think at 5 days what you're feeling is pretty normal.

D

Try and keep as active as you can, eat well - things
Old 01-14-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Iam 2 months sober and still need an afternoon nap from time to time it also doesn't help the weather is awful in the U.K. Iam hoping I will start feeling fully energised soon!
Old 01-14-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It's early days, if like me it took years of drinking to get to the point of quitting then it's going to take the body some time to adjust, it can't heal in a matter of days.

Hang in there, things will adjust in time!!