Notices

Stressed but sober

Old 01-13-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stressed but sober

Day 15 here

My daughter totaled her 2015 Rav 4 on 12/16 and insurance only paid for a rental through 1/9 so she took my car back to school leaving me without a car this week. She can't miss class today and she has Prospect Day with her Lacrosse team tomorrow then the dealership is closed Sunday so I have no idea when we'll be able to shop for a new one.

My husband lost his job on 10/20 and hasn't found a new one yet so it's not like this is a good time to buy a car but I guess it is what it is since I have no choice. He has a phone interview in an hour via FaceTime (I had to show him how to use it last night since he's technology challenged!)

Anyway the bottom line is there is a lot on my plate right now but I'm not drinking over it. It's so much easier to come up with a game plan with a clear head...I definitely see and appreciate that now!

This too shall pass...

Peace
Old 01-13-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wink

This too shall pass!
Indeed wise words..
Old 01-13-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I so agree about game plan being easier with a clear mind. Life will always throw us challenges, curveballs, or even much worse, but there is nothing that is made easier by drinking. Wishing you peace and hoping positive things coming your way soon.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Yes! Dealing with things head on means less stress later and when you're over the hump you wonder what the fuss was all about. I'm too dealing with car issues atm so I feel you but we'll get through this and be sober at the end of it! x
Old 01-13-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

There's nothing that alcohol won't make worse. Getting through life's little challenges with a clear head is such a gift. I had some major car issues a couple of weeks ago - in the past I would have used it as an excuse to go get plowed. Instead, I thought clearly, came up with ideas, asked for help from a couple of people, and got through it without freaking out. Much.

I hope your husband's interview goes well.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a lot going I right now, but two really positive things: your husband has an interview, your daughter is attending Prospect Day. I look forward to hearing how both of those things went!
Old 01-13-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Munch,

15 days is awesome.

I managed to kindle myself, unknowingly, into a state that at 15 days....i was a nervous wreck.

At 3 months clean i was craving so hard i thought i was going mad.

It took me 6 months to settle down.

Great reason to never drink again.

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Sounds like you have a lot going I right now, but two really positive things: your husband has an interview, your daughter is attending Prospect Day. I look forward to hearing how both of those things went!
My daughter is actually a Freshman in college so she's helping with hosting next year's potential players but, hey, last year when she was a prospect she got recruited and got a great scholarship!! :-)

And for the great news...my husband was offered the job!!!!!!! We're waiting on the official offer letter but I am so relieved I could do cartwheels around the house...but I won't cause I'm old and that would hurt...

So grateful at the moment and thoughts of a "celebratory" drink are nowhere to be found! Two things to celebrate with a cup of herbal tea!
Old 01-13-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great news Munchkin!
Old 01-13-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all thats gone on but I'm really glad you're staying strong Munchkin

D