Notices

My third day no alcohol

Old 01-11-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry My third day no alcohol

I am now into my third day of no drinking. I found the first two day bearable but right now I'm am struggling. I was so worried about the side effects of giving up, but I think there only hitting me now.

I am not seeing things, disorienting or feeling sick. But I am sweating even with a temp of 35.6! I never use to drink during the day it was only at night a bottle of wine when I got home.

I also have this grumbling constantly in my stomach and feel a bit panicked are these normal signs? Or am I just not dealing with it as good as I should be.

Would love some support or advice

Thank you and I hope your all doing well
Old 01-11-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First dont hesitate to see a doctor if things get to bad. I will say that my first five days were filled with all sorts of anxiety, head aches, sweating, and other crazy symptoms. It is hard though but you never have to go through this again. Eat good healthy meals and drink plenty of water. Take it one step at a time and don't give in. The first week was the hardest for me then slowly things got better. I know you can do this and it will get better. We are here for you.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! Nice job on 3 days! That's very impressive.

First off - if you're worried about your health you need to go see a Dr. None of us here are qualified to tell through a forum whether or not you're at risk of something from the amount you drank or your current state of health.

I can tell you that detoxing is NOT fun. Many people have uncomfortable symptoms and lots of people even need a medical detoxing to be able to do it safely.

I had night sweats, horrible emotional ups and downs, anxiety - all kinds of trouble. I can tell you that it was a nice reminder of why I needed to quit. Even though I thought I wasn't drinking that much, I could see and feel the physical effect it was having on my health, and that helped get me through those first few weeks.

I hope you keep checking in here! Post often and read the threads. There is so much support and good info on here!

Here are some links thats may help you get starts:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-2-a-2.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-help-now.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 01-11-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Physical withdrawal from alcohol takes a few days. It's common to feel crappy in lots of ways, tho if you get too bad, please see your doctor or go to the ER for medical attention.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome JamRam
Like everyone else has said, if you're worried see your Dr - always best to be safe

I'm glad you've joined us - support made all the difference for me, and there's a ton of support here

D
Old 01-11-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found us and you've gotten lots of good advice. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Jamram - good to have you with us! I had all of those feelings in the early days, and many others too.

The encouragement here is wonderful. I wouldn't have made it without the friendship & understanding I found at SR. Those first days are miserable - but once you're through them, you never have to feel this way again.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the reply and the words of comfort. It really helps to know I am not doing this alone. I live a quiet little village there is no access to AA or group workshops. So I genuinely feel like I am facing this mounting alone!!
Old 01-12-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I find days 3 and 4 to be the worst. Hang in there.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hi Jamram

These early days sure are tough aren't they!

But I'm sure they are woth getting through.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
K66
Sober Date March 19, 2018 *One Day At A Time*

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome JamRam
Like everyone else has said, if you're worried see your Dr - always best to be safe

I'm glad you've joined us - support made all the difference for me, and there's a ton of support here

D
D your a constant beacon of hope... Especially for those of us that seem to have two left feet and are constantly trying to pick ourselves back up from our most recent stumble... Thank you for that.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Home Jamram. Keep coming back often especially right now when you are so vulnerable. You only have to do 24 hours at a time.