Administrator

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 2

we continue from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...thread-20.html

D
Old 01-11-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Signing in for day 11.
Haven't been on the past couple of days. I'm finding this really tough. 11 days without wine and 11 days on Sertraline ..... feels like I'm in hell.....
Just need to keep going though .....
Old 01-11-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Week 2. Day 11.
Woke feeling accomplished with another night sober. I really am still 1 day at a time still.
This isn't my first serious attempt at sobriety, as Dee may remember, but this time it feels completely different.
Seeing some tiny improvements in my life, still tons of sh*t from all the previous bad decisions, but some new stuff is happening.
Have a great day class mates. Thanks again for your posts.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 11 here. Probably the longest stretch in a year. Cravings not around last night, which has no bearing on what they will be today! Mixing up my afternoon routine this week to include going to the gym after work instead of before work in morning. Meditation and reading first thing in morning to get day grounded. AND BEING VIGALENT of my AV and triggers.

Shenzy and Dontlookbacchus, congrats on 11 days.

CW
Old 01-11-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 11

Same for me..day 11..feeling ok.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Lots of day 11 here Me too. Sleep s till mental. I keep having a nap after school run and then not being tired at night. Need to break this funky little cycle I've got going on. Sober thoughhhh.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 5

Congrats on another day everyone!

I'm starting day 5 here, and am a little tired from not sleeping so great the last few nights. I know it'll get better though if I push through it. I'm going to see my newish psychologist this morning and am going to surprise him when I tell him I've got 4 days. It should be a good day today, as long as I keep my head if I start feeling my mood shift, and I stay aware to not do things which might cause that to happen.

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 11 here. Woke up early. Slept well last night and have made a list of things I've been putting off for ages. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 2. Grateful. Had trouble getting to sleep but slept okay once I got there. I feel different this time around, almost relieved?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 15.
Still going strong. Friday is my first payday since I quit so going to start planning for that by putting any extra money into credit cards so i don't have any temptation to go out gambling which is a big trigger for me. Them two are an ugly pair. =P
Have a wonderful sober day all!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So many day 11's! Congrats to everyone, no matter if it's day 11 or day 1.

Hang in there Shenzy! We're here for you. It definitely sucks at times, but I'd rather have a week or two or bad days then a whole lifetime of them.

dontlookbacchus
I think there's a few of us here on a repeat attempt! it's hard dealing with the past bad decisions when you know you've changed, but I know the only way to avoid more in the future is to stay sober for good this time.

StartingOverNW
if you're mood starts to shift, do you have a plan? Whether it be coming on here or some sort of physical activity, I find that having a go-to idea for when I start getting a craving is very helpful! Especially coming on here on saying that I'm having one - tends to disappear right away once I admit it.

dontburntheday
I feel different this time too. Last time I kind of felt relief, but in a different way. I think I quit more out of fear of embarrassment than anything else, and this time I feel like I have a lot more and better reasons to stay sober for good.

Thanks for the new thread Dee! Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

I think I'm having what people describe as a pink cloud moment because I feel like I just want to cuddle everyone in this thread I'm so thankful to you posters who are more socially inclined and respond to people individually here. I think its important to feel heard. I wish I was more chatty but for whatever reason I've always been shy and reclusive unless people are in my immediate bubble. Hopefully, the longer we're in this bubble (and I plan on being in it for good this time, so you're stuck with me) the more we will get to know each other. Right now I admit it's overwhelming to me but I read and appreciate you all. Hence wanting to cuddle you rite now lol
Old 01-11-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Today I shall be mostly lurking, because every time I write something insightful, my tablet cras
Old 01-11-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

A quick check-in to let everyone know I'm still on the sober bus. Have had a few awkward situations with free drinks being served, but I managed. I have two quick questions:

1. I'm still in need of a lot more sleep than usual, is this normal?
2. What do you guys drink if you don't like soft drinks but always drinking water becomes somewhat boring?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JackDsMissus View Post
I think I'm having what people describe as a pink cloud moment because I feel like I just want to cuddle everyone in this thread I'm so thankful to you posters who are more socially inclined and respond to people individually here. I think its important to feel heard. I wish I was more chatty but for whatever reason I've always been shy and reclusive unless people are in my immediate bubble. Hopefully, the longer we're in this bubble (and I plan on being in it for good this time, so you're stuck with me) the more we will get to know each other. Right now I admit it's overwhelming to me but I read and appreciate you all. Hence wanting to cuddle you rite now lol
Big cuddle right back at you in our bubble JDS

Last edited by Sparkos; 01-11-2017 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Emilie issues
Old 01-11-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Msco View Post
A quick check-in to let everyone know I'm still on the sober bus. Have had a few awkward situations with free drinks being served, but I managed. I have two quick questions:

1. I'm still in need of a lot more sleep than usual, is this normal?

2. What do you guys drink if you don't like soft drinks but always drinking water becomes somewhat boring?
1.Yes it can be. Our brains usually need healing when we're recovering and that can take awhile. If it feels really out of whack though it might be good to check with a Dr (sleep apnea and other conditions might come into play sometimes)

2. I like drinking plain seltzer. It might sound boring, but after you get a little used to it, the cold+carbonation can be as refreshing as any other drink (thats the way it is to me anyway), and you get no artificial anything in it (the carbonation can still affect your teeth over time though)
Old 01-11-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

JackDsMissus this pink cloud is something I never heard of last time I was here getting clean. I've certainly never experienced it and I'm jealous of you a little bit! This time is better, but I wasn't on a binge before I stopped. Last time I quit it was pure h*ll! No clouds of any color really haha It was worth it though which is why I'm back! I'm not very social, and I wasn't this social in my first class, but this being a second try I realize how important this site was to keeping me sober, so this time I'm really going for it! Cuddles right back to you!

Sparkos, I know it's frustrating, but your tablet issues make me giggle quite a bit these days. I appreciate the effort you seem to have to put in just to make a simple post on here these days!

Msco glad you're still doing well! I have to say, I've always been a big sleeper, so I may not have the best advice. I definitely slept worse when I was drinking, so thought I may sleep less being sober, but no. I average between 10-12 hours a night, even for the whole year of sobriety I had before now!

Also, I second the Seltzer water. I go for flavors though. I'm a big lemon sparkling water fan. I try to stay away from soda, too much sugar, but I'll do a dasani raspberry lemonade sparking water if I'm craving something sweet. You would be amazed it's just water by how much flavor they can have! I also love the carbonation.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I love seltzer, both plain and flavored. It can be very satisfying and also keeps you hydrated.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 2. Hanging in, went to the gym 3 days in a row (record for me as of late, but def have more than a few lbs from the alcohol to shed..not to mention sanity to restore !). Thank you to everyone for hanging in and posting...Wish another happy, sober 24 more to everyone...
Old 01-11-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Back at day 1. Sorry I let yall down. I can't give up. Heading to an AA meeting later tonight to pick up another white chip. Not looking forward to it but Ive got to do it.