Old 01-09-2017, 09:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Nicely done!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Check this out...

I relapsed.

On Sleepytime Tea (Extra)!

Had read somewhere here that it worked, and that the person using it used two bags for better results. So a couple of nights ago I did the two bag thing, twice, and much to my surprise was so sleepy I couldn't do my usual nighttime reading. Success!

So yesterday, feeling ever-so-slightly mellow from the night before, I had two cups after work but this time with a spoon of instant coffee in each so as not to get *too* sleepy too soon. Then a big mug with THREE bags before bed.

Was so groggy today I had to leave work early.

Final proof an addict will abuse ANYTHING!!!!!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ahh! columbus, I'm so glad it never made it past tea mixed with coffee. As addicts we do come up with some crazy stuff, don't we?! It's both horrifying and kind of impressive sometimes...

I've been lucky that since I stopped drinking sleep has come pretty easy for me. I used to stay in bed a long time when I was drinking, but I would wake up about once an hour for one reason or another. I slept from 730pm-530am last night without waking up once...
Old 01-10-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Check this out...

I relapsed.

On Sleepytime Tea (Extra)!

Had read somewhere here that it worked, and that the person using it used two bags for better results. So a couple of nights ago I did the two bag thing, twice, and much to my surprise was so sleepy I couldn't do my usual nighttime reading. Success!

So yesterday, feeling ever-so-slightly mellow from the night before, I had two cups after work but this time with a spoon of instant coffee in each so as not to get *too* sleepy too soon. Then a big mug with THREE bags before bed.

Was so groggy today I had to leave work early.

Final proof an addict will abuse ANYTHING!!!!!
Haha!! This is great and so true to us addicts. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sometimes I think that this is the way the AV works. Used to get me all upset about "not being able to go to sleep". Lying there building up "anxiety". "How can I make it happen?" Instead of waiting for Mother Nature in the old days i used to reach for something, like NyQuil, or Brandy, or a pill or whatever. Been there, done that! And if it manages to work for an hour or two I might wake up at 2 a.m. and do it again. As my addiction progressed I might have to do it again even later. The slippery slope. The neurology is obvious. The body tries to "cope" with the substance and the result is growing tolerance. So to overcome that you have to have more and eventually you get to the point where you take it just to feel "normal", to avoid "withdrawal". You've got a shovel and you're busily digging yourself down deeper. You drink to stay "normal" and as time goes on you fear withdrawal more and more, as you certainly should. But you continue- madness!

Good for you for resisting your AV.

W.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

We don't have it here in Oz as far as I know but I believe there is an non alcoholic version of Nyquil.

If I needed Nyquil I'd be rocking that one.

D
Old 01-11-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am surprised to see what I can get overseas and what I can't.

Nyquil and even Aleve (for it's muscle relaxing tendencies) aren't sold in most other countries I visit. Every time I go to the pharmacy to grab something when I'm traveling and they don't have it, it really makes me wonder what's in it! There's always a pretty good reason too.