Notices

Weather

Old 01-10-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Come over to Whiners anonymous any time you feel a whine coming on, Frick. We love to whine about everything!
Haha! I'm on it STAT.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SWTPEA61 View Post
We got nailed with snow in connecticut.....we are digging out now .....my husband's snow blower belt snapped......oh well......my little yorkiepoo looks so cute in the snow he likes it!
I'd love to get a snow blower. But I'd be charged out the wazoo right now and we'll probably have 1" of snow next year...then I'll resent the snow blower
Old 01-10-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Note to self: get a snow thrower for next year. Seriously, we got one--a single stager--and it really makes a difference, work wise. This model is a honda, won't do well in 2 plus feet, but handled our recent 1 foot plus nicely. Urge anyone with back or heart issues to make the investment. They aren't cheap, but at least now I don't worry about spouse keeling over. I help shovel, btw. It isn't all on him, but he does the majorly stuff.
Get a decent one. Mr. Maud researched them for weeks, partly cuz that's how he rolls, but also to get one that is light enough for me to use, but substantial enough to do the job. Peace.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yeah I think that's what I'll have to do Maud. I think its late at this point for this season. If my back doesn't show some improvement (I'm actually going to have it looked at sooner than later...its getting stupid) shoveling just won't be an option.

Or I could get a husband....hmmmm....wheels in brain turning...nope, snow blower
Old 01-10-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

We are just super cold here, but not as much snow as we would usually have by now. I have a big fancy snow blower sitting in my garage that's getting hardly any use this year. But I wouldn't trade it for the world when we do get snow. I'm on my own and I can't shovel much before my back starts to act up. You could get by with a single-stage snow thrower, I'm sure. I had a little Toro for years, and it helped with the smaller snows. I upgraded to the behemoth I have now a few years ago, but sometimes wish I still had the small one, too, for the 3-4 inch snowfalls. The big one is heavy and I get worn out using it, so I don't bother for the smaller snows (like the snow we are getting today) and I just shovel it.