SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 9 and cravings (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/403036-day-9-cravings.html)

Suzieq17 01-06-2017 06:17 PM

Day 9 and cravings

Craved drinking ALL DAY today. At times, very intense. I wanted a drink more today than any other day so far.

So, I told my oldest to invite a friend over to watch a movie. Put the little one to bed. And here I sit watching a movie, and posting on SR :-) Rarely did I ever encourage people at our house, because of my drinking.

She is soooo happy, which makes me happy. :-)

Looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight.

Thanks everyone for all the support. I couldn't be doing this without you all.

August252015 01-06-2017 06:20 PM

Good job!! And nice for your daughter too. See- you found a solution to the immediate problem and are getting through the night.

Hope you can go to bed soon- you will wake up being so glad you didn't drink.

Keep going, suzieq!

CLAS 01-06-2017 07:46 PM

Way to go Suzie! I'm in very early sobriety but my hope is that each time we figure out a way to not drink it gets easier.

D122y 01-07-2017 03:33 AM

Suzi,

The most powerful statement I ever read here at sr was....

It gets better everyday.

I take it farther and say...it gets better by the moment.

Every second we defeat the crave, deal w life clean, let our brain and mind heal...

We get stronger.

There will be ups and down due to health, life stressor etc...but from an alcohol addiction standpoint....we only move in a better direction w each passing moment.

Stay clean.

Thanks.

emjay2017 01-07-2017 03:35 AM

Brilliant job Suzie. Thanks for sharing - it encourages others of us.

whitehorses 01-07-2017 03:38 AM

Sorry to hear you are still getting cravings on Day 9 Suzie.. i am on day 7..have not had cravings but have been experiencing a wave of emotions.
Sad, happy, confused etc..only to be expected i suppose..hang in there 9 days is awesome!:You_Rock_

Munchkin94 01-07-2017 07:01 AM

I'm also on day 9 and we had a snowstorm last night which is unusual around here. As I sat by the fire wrapped in a blanket I had a momentary thought of how nice a glass of wine would be. That glass would have turned into a bottle (or two) and then instead of enjoying my coffee looking at the snow I would be anxiously waiting for my husband to wake up to find out if he's mad at me for whatever I enevitably did or said last night.

Nah...I like this scenario so much better!

We can both do whatever it takes to get to day 10!!

Dee74 01-07-2017 03:49 PM

That's a great idea you had Suzie - sounds like you had a good evening :)

D

gumtree 01-07-2017 03:52 PM

cravings

try eating a small bunch red grapes working for me google it and good luck

Chifan7 01-07-2017 09:41 PM

Congrats on Day 9! I have been having a mug of hot chocolate when I get a craving. It's soothes the need for liquid and the sweet craving. Best of luck going forward!