Notices

life is so different

Old 01-04-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

life is so different

Hi all.I haven't visited or contributed to SR for a few months.I am now 8 months sober and the help and support from you all was my life-line.I am pretty miserable currently,whether its down to the winter blues or part of recovery I don't know.Anyhow,hope you are all doing well.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm with you Jojay. I have almost two years in right now and I'm pretty miserable too. I know for me a lot of it is just learning to accept life on life's terms. I don't have alcohol or drugs to make me feel good when things aren't working out the way I had hoped. I lived in my own little bubble of denial and insanity for so long that reality is still a bit foreign to me. Sometimes it gets me down, but then I remember that at least I'm sober and I'm actually dealing with it instead of running from it or hiding in a fog. As much as I hate my life sometimes, at least I'm sober. And that in itself is a miracle.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi NewRomanMan.Thankyou for your reply,It helped loads.Guess I should count my blessings.I do shudder when I think of using alcohol to feel good for almost 20years.Never again!
Old 01-04-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 8 months Jojay!

I hope you start to feel better soon, on the Daily Support Thread there is a gratitude thread, that helps some people by making themselves searh for some good aspect about themselves or their lives
Old 01-04-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

very cool to have no desire to drink isn't it