Notices

Did You Know?...

Old 01-04-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did You Know?...

Last night my temporary sponsor told me that the 12 Steps coincide with the months of the year...like right now in January, Step 1 is being followed/discussed in readings. Like today's reading from the "Thought for the Day"...this to me was mind blowing! How cool!

"Thought for the Day

Have I admitted I am an alcoholic? Have I swallowed my pride and admitted I was different from ordinary drinkers? Have I accepted the fact that I must spend the rest of my life without liquor? Have I any more reservations, any idea in the back of my mind that some day I'll be able to drink safely? Am I absolutely honest with my self and with other people? Have I taken an inventory of myself and admitted the wrong I have done? Have I come clean with my friends? Have I tried to make it up to them for the way I have treated them?

Meditation for the Day

I will believe that fundamentally all is well. Good things will happen to me. I believe that God cares for me and will provide for me. I will not try to plan ahead. I know that the way will unfold, step by step. I will leave tomorrow's burden to God, because He is the great burden-bearer. He only expects me to carry my one-day's share.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may not try to carry the burden of the universe on my shoulders. I pray that I may be satisfied to do my share each day."

& the "Daily Reflections"...

"BEGIN WHERE YOU ARE
We feel that elimination of our drinking is but a beginning.
A much more important demonstration of our principles
lies before us in our respective homes, occupations and
affairs.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 19

It's usually pretty easy for me to be pleasant to the people
in an A.A. setting. While I'm working to stay sober, I'm
celebrating with my fellow A.A.S our common release from
the hell of drinking. It's often not so hard to spread glad
tidings to my old and new friends in the program.
At home or at work, though, it can be a different story. It
is in situations arising in both of those areas that the little
day-to-day frustrations are most evident, and where it can
be tough to smile or reach out with a kind word or an
attentive ear. It's outside of the A.A. rooms that I face the
real test of the effectiveness of my walk through A.A.'s
Twelve Steps."

I am sincerely hoping that by May (at the very latest)...I can finally do my 5th Step.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes- last year I used Keep It Simple: Daily Meditations for 12 Step Beginnings and Renewals (a Hazelden pub). Loved it. I quit drinking in Feb so I "missed" Jan....I have a new (non-12 step- it's Christian) one for 2017 but will most likely check back with KIS because I made notes and I am sure its pages will be good to review. I'd recommend that devotional to anyone getting sober, at any point in the year!